Auto req ID: 6862BR
Employee type: Regular - Full Time
Travelport are the only true travel commerce platform in the world. We are specialist solution providers and are committed to building leading technology that makes the experience of buying and managing travel continually better for the global travel and tourism industry. Come and be part of our mission to make sure that every trip is powered by Travelport…
Are you looking to forge an exciting career, using cutting edge technologies, in our rapidly expanding travel technology company? if so, then we could be the place for you.
As a Performance Test Engineer at Travelport, you can thrive in the exciting world of Travel Tech.
Role & Team
You will come on board at a truly exciting time, and as a member of the Operations Team, you will play a pivotal and crucial part in supporting Travelport Digital teams, both onshore and offshore to analyze performance bottlenecks and identify in-efficiencies, implement performance test suits and to maintain a high-Quality Standard across all our product offerings.
You will be reporting directly to the QA Tools Manager, work in a SAFe (Scaled Agile Framework) environment to provide Tooling solutions to project teams to continually improve quality.
This Performance Test Engineer role will involve…
- Provide an in-depth understanding and analysis of complex cloud based and containerized application infrastructure.
- Work with a variety of tools and frameworks – Jenkins, Ansible, Gatling and Kubernetes etc. that allows the users to test and evaluate the company’s products.
- Support and respond to requests from the project teams on technical issues in the technology stack and testing tools.
- Contribute to the team's roadmap, including requirements gathering, analysis and even the deprecation & refactoring of our existing tools.
- Working with the QA leads to identify best practices and help ensure these are followed by all teams as defined
- Contribute to the growth of the Travelport Digital In-house test frameworks and infrastructure to provide global solutions for multiple projects.
Come and join us…
To ensure we achieve our goal, you will join us in embracing our core values;
- Be a player, not a spectator; You will take ownership and make things happen.
- Think we, not me; We are One Travelport, collaborating to succeed.
- Keep it simple; We’re straightforward and easy to do business with.
- Build for tomorrow; You will challenge the norm, aim high and lead change.
You’ll be an innovator, passionate, accountable and solutions focused, not to mention adaptable, hungry for a challenge and an individual who thrives on partnering. All of these combined with the below capabilities are what will make us such a bold and compelling organisation.
- 4+ years of experience as a Performance engineer
- Experience in supporting and directing teams in best practices on how to use Testing Tools, Frameworks, etc.
- Experience in evaluating and rolling out new tools
- Flexibility and ability to work well in a fast-paced product development environment
- A passion for self-development, team work, adding value and problem solving
Essential to have experience in ...
- Strong understanding of Performance testing principles, methods and processes for Capacity estimating, data mining, modeling and planning.
- Proven track record of Performance optimization of complex high volume cloud based enterprise systems
- Infrastructure and application performance tuning of Java and Linux/Unix systems
- Excellent problem determination skills, written interpersonal and communications skills
- Large volume Gatling or Jmeter distributed load generation
- Experience with technologies such as, message brokers (Kafka, rabitMQ ), databases (Mongo DB clusters, Dynamo , MySQL)
- Performance testing as part of Continuous Integration & Continuous Deployment tools such as Jenkins
- Knowledge of Monitoring solutions, ELK, Datadog, App Dynamics and OS tools
- Automation of web services and backend systems via Jenkins Pipelines, Ansible scripting
- Agile /SAFe development processes.
If this sounds like you, we’d love for you to get in touch.
What’s in it for you?
You will receive a competitive salary & benefits package accompanied with the opportunity to work in a fast-paced, dynamic and progressive organisation that cares about its people and promotes innovation.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.