Auto req ID: 7054BR
Employee type: Regular - Full Time
Travelport are the only true travel commerce platform in the world. We are specialist solution providers and are committed to building leading technology that makes the experience of buying and managing travel continually better for the global travel and tourism industry. Come and be part of our mission to make sure that every trip is powered by Travelport…
Enterprise Corporate Systems (ECS) are part of the Technology division of Travelport which is responsible for all internal business systems. The ECS organisation is structured into key functions aligned to the Plan Build Run Govern and Enable technology operating model. Within the Solutions Development (Build) functions sits the PMO responsible for planning and management of delivery of the ECS portfolio. Strong PMO engagement and collaboration is required across Business Relationship Mmt (Plan) and Service Delivery (Run) functions to enable smooth execution of domain portfolio priorities aligned to investment budget allocations.
Are you a passionate Program / Portfolio Manager?
Do you have the drive to deliver excellent results?
We're looking for a Portfolio Manager / Program Manager lead and deliver a complex portfolio including key transformational programs operating within a matrixed organizational environment. You'll contribute significantly to program and portfolio management disciplines and process improvement to effectively provide the control and governance required to ensure scope is delivered on time and on budget.
What you can look forward to being part involved with:
- Reviewing and updating program/project management framework and governance requirements ensuring updating polices and processes with appropriate documentation, knowledge transfer and storage.
- Conduct Project Audits of the Portfolio ensuring compliance to Technology PMO standards and Travelport policies and processes. Ensure appropriate processes are in place to manage risks and issues, ensuring continual identification, prioritization and mitigate project risks.
- Managing a portfolio of multiple projects, managing their interdependencies, resourcing and any proposed changes which may affect project priorities ensuring delivery to an agreed plan with deadlines and aligned to strategic objectives.
- Conducting portfolio meetings and attend project meetings where required, providing feedback from internal partners, observed behaviours and portfolio/project delivery performance review discussions;
- Establishing effective working relationships with all partners and ensuring effective portfolio communications including providing Portfolio updates in line with ECS Leadership Team needs
- Define and drive "rightsized" project management processes (especially, supporting quality assurance).
- Help establish and review the tracking of short-term project metrics (for example, schedule variances and customer satisfaction) to drive improvement.
Program – Planning & Resource Management
- Craft a program/project portfolio for delivery, showing key landmarks, phase reviews and dependencies
- Ensure portfolio resources are appropriate to enable the necessary operational and strategic capability utilising flex project manager resources with the skills and experience required to deliver the portfolio.
- Providing line management, coaching and guidance to develop the effectiveness of the portfolio team, including conducting on-boarding training in-line with PMO and Travelport’s policies and processes.
- Prepare a phased portfolio budget, demonstrating spend in line with financial accounting periods that will then be tracked.
- Designing, developing and reviewing proposed project plans based on sound judgement and analysis
- Conduct regular Portfolio reviews with the ECS Plan and Run functions, Business and Technology partners including identifying and maintaining a partner list with clear roles and responsibilities to support prioritization, customer concern and trade-off.
The input as to the performance may include, primarily, the project sponsor and users, along with ECS Leadership Team, Technology colleagues, enterprise PMO / Agile Portfolio Office plus Business teams such as Audit.
What we're looking for in you;
- Experience delivering software projects founded on a range of technology platforms from legacy bespoke technology to COTS solutions (any experience in Cloud and SaaS solutions is a plus)
- Overall improvement of project performance &customer satisfaction over time.
- Extensive background with project management processes, techniques and tools
- Understanding of the enterprise's business and technical architectures
- Experience in facilitating change, including collaboration with senior-level partners
- Validated internal and external influencing skills at senior and executive management levels
- Delivery using traditional project management frameworks (i.e. Waterfall) and Agile (i.e. Scrum) experience of SAFe and / or DevOps
- Delivery of solutions within an ITIL environment
Education & Certification:
- Understanding of budgeting and portfolio prioritization processes
- Degree in Information Technology and/ or Business Management or equivalent knowledge and experience.
- Prince2 & MSP or PMI-PMP & PgMP
- ITIL v3 Foundation
- Ideally, SAFe Agilist Certification, MoP/P3O or PfMP, Prince 2 Agile or Agile-PM, PMI-ACP
- Demonstrable understanding of software development life cycle methods, including understanding of key ‘standard methodology’, such as those for estimation and quality assurance.
- Able to determine resource and technical dependencies across multiple projects
- Work effectively in a global matrix organization with competing commercial priorities
- Able to drive PPM process implementation, for example improve forecast resource availability to match to project priorities
- Able to perform planning at different levels of ambiguity using performance and review techniques for example, various probable project durations, aggregating optimistic, pessimistic and likely times for tasks.
- Cost estimation with correct treatments and able to identify the correct level of requirements specification for the estimation accuracy needed
What’s in it for you?
You will receive a competitive salary & benefits package accompanied with the opportunity to work in a fast-paced, dynamic and progressive organisation that cares about its people and promotes innovation.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.