Auto req ID: 7102BR
Employee type: Regular - Full Time
Are you a passionate and dedicated Product Director?
Do you enjoy building Global Product strategies?
Travelport’s Dublin office is the hub of our mobile, messaging and Digital Ad teams. The Product Director is responsible for leading a team of 4 reports and 6 scrum teams to create elite solutions to engage and delight travelers. This is a key leadership role within the office and across the organization.
Your team creates and improves our award-winning mobile apps, Trip Assist and View Trip, to help Travel Agents and travellers allowing them to get up to date trip information and to provide a single view of all of their travel plans.
The Mobile team also handles app development for our numerous airline partners creating bespoke apps that allow them to sell travel and better service their customers.
The Dublin team is also leading our global efforts on messaging including chat and bots to further enhance the traveler experience and to improve efficiency and productivity for our travel agency partners.
What can you look forward to leading:
- You will have overall accountability the vision, strategy and execution of the Mobile &Digital Ad portfolio, ultimately owning the content and prioritization of the product backlog.
- Drive specific critical metrics against downloads, engagement, time-to-market, and attachment rates through Travelport’s demand channels (APIs and UIs)
- Leading a team of Product Managers & Product Owners, and is accountable for driving the quality of the entire product lifecycle for each product within the product family; acts as a customer concern point and responsible for running all dependencies across the product families
- Responsible for reviewing and aligning a product strategy which will span different geographies and markets by collaborating with business leaders to accurately reflect Business, Commercial, and Technology Strategies
- Responsible for partnering with technology counterparts to ensure:
- Requirements are clearly defined to provide accurate estimations and investment decisions
- Execution of product roadmaps, delivering great, high-quality products that customers love to use
- Sole responsibility for the product roadmap, including alignment with key team members in commercial and technology, and ongoing management with the steering group based on data prioritization
- Responsible for mentoring your team to propose new, optimized and amended products that reflect market, customer or supplier trends by promoting collaboration across functional expertise (such as Technology, Sales and Marketing) and driving insight from data to generate value and deliver a positive return on investment.
- Contribute into the annual budgeting process by reviewing, amending and approving the budgets forecasted by your Product Managers and conduct quarterly budget reviews against actuals to identify cost over-runs, savings and allocate resources efficiently for ongoing product optimization across your family of products.
- Responsible for tracking and running the performance of your product family by overseeing the design, development, implementation and optimization against performance indicators (i.e. costs, benefits, growth, incidents etc.) to help leadership make informed decisions on future investment, long range capacity planning and drive product accountability.
- Accountable for ensuring your product managers & product owners are driving performance of their products through data
What we're looking for in you:
- Consistent track record of delivering great customer experiences and product strategies preferably within a marketplace or eCommerce environment (e.g. amazon, Booking.com, Facebook, eBay)
- Experience in delivering global product across multiple regions, including an understanding of localization and translation requirements.
- Experience in working with design agencies and/or internal CX and UX design teams
- Knowledge of Travel Distribution and Travel Industry useful but not essential; you'll have desire to gain this knowledge to be able to develop product strategy to win in this industry
- Excellent – Experience working in organisations using Agile and Scaled Agile (SAFe) delivery methods
- Excellent – Experience in using A/B testing and MVT for product optimization
- People leadership skills & partner management skills with ability to build consensus
- Excellent – Solutions mind-set with significant experience with driving positive outcomes
- Travel is fun and we hire great people who love travel and will add significantly to the office & team culture.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.