Auto req ID: 6332BR
Employee type: Regular - Full Time
Travelport is the only true travel commerce platform in the world. We are specialist solution providers and are committed to building leading technology that makes the experience of buying and managing travel continually better for the global travel and tourism industry. Come and be part of our mission to make sure that every trip is powered by Travelport…
Are you looking for an exciting place to jumpstart your career? Do you feel passionate about innovative technology? If so, then we could be the place for you.
As a Product Director at Travelport, you can thrive in the exciting world of Travel Tech.
Role & Team
You will come on board at a truly exciting time, and as a member of the Product Team, you will play a pivotal and crucial part in maximizing revenue for hotels, car rental and ground transfer suppliers, and online/offline travel agencies.
This Engineering role will involve…
- Leading the vision, strategy and design of the Hotel and Car Content Distribution platform, ultimately being responsible for the content and prioritization product backlog
- Driving specific and critical metrics against booking volumes, conversion, time-to-market, and attachment rates through Travelport’s demand channels (APIs and UIs)
- Leading a team of Product Managers and Product Owners, and is accountable for driving the quality of the entire product lifecycle for each product; is responsible for handling all dependencies across the product families
- Responsible for reviewing and aligning a product strategy which will span different geographies and markets by collaborating with business leaders to accurately reflect Business, Commercial, and Technology Strategies within the product strategy
- Responsible for partnering with technology counterparts to ensure requirements are clearly defined to provide accurate estimations and investment decision
- Execution of product roadmaps, delivering great, high-quality products that customers love to use
- Responsible for mentoring your team to propose new, optimized and amended products that reflect market, customer or supplier trends by promoting collaboration across functional expertise (such as Technology, Sales and Marketing) and driving insight from data to generate value and deliver a positive return on investment.
- Responsible for tracking and running the performance of your product family by handling the design, development, implementation and optimization against performance indicators (i.e. costs, benefits, growth, incidents etc.) to help leadership make informed decisions on future investment, long range capacity planning and drive product accountability.
Come and join us…
To ensure we achieve our goal, you will join us in embracing our core values;
- Be a player, not a spectator; You will take ownership and make things happen.
- Think we, not me; We are One Travelport, collaborating to succeed.
- Keep it simple; We’re straightforward and easy to do business with.
- Build for tomorrow; You will challenge the norm, aim high and lead change.
You’ll be an innovator, passionate, accountable and solutions focused, not to mention adaptable, eager for a challenge and an individual who grows with partnering. All of these combined with the below capabilities are what will make us such a bold and compelling organisation.
- 7+ years’ experience of directly leading product teams at a large global tech organisation with delivery budgets more than $3m USD
- 5+ years working in product / technology roles.
- Undergraduate level qualification essential; Master level qualifications useful.
- Consistent track record of delivering great customer experiences and product strategies preferably within a marketplace or ecommerce environment
- Experience in delivering global product across multiple regions, including an understanding of localization and translation requirements.
- Experience with using data and analytics to drive decisions is important
- Experience in working with design agencies and/or internal CX and UX design teams
- Experience working in organisations using Agile and Scaled Agile (SAFe) delivery methods
If this sounds like you, we’d love for you to get in touch.
What’s in it for you?
You will receive a competitive salary & benefits package accompanied with the opportunity to work in a fast-paced, dynamic and progressive organisation that cares about its people and promotes innovation.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.