Auto req ID: 7216BR
Employee type: Regular - Full Time
Travelport is the only true travel commerce platform in the world. We are specialist solution providers and are committed to building leading technology that makes the experience of buying and managing travel continually better for the global travel and tourism industry. Come and be part of our mission to make sure that every trip is powered by Travelport…
Are you looking for a role where you can get plugged in and prosper in a varied environment? Do you feel passionate about providing multiple executive support? If so, then we could be the place for you
We are seeking a Product Manager for our Developer Platform teams. These teams are collectively focused on building the architecture, tools and governance models that Travelport developers can use to develop, deploy and operate applications. Presenting the governance model and ensuring that all development teams adhere to it strictly will be part of your responsibilities. We want to ensure that all our APIs look and behave in a consistent manner, so that our customers have a consistent experience across all APIs. You will work with Architecture and Development to ensure that there is a tight correlation between our tools and governance policies, so that the tools enable easy governance compliance.
As a Product Manager on Developer Platform, you will own tools that help other teams build APIs and applications for our customers (both internal and external). These tools build economies of scale for our product development teams who have diverse needs and priorities, but all passionate about improving the developer experience and efficiency. Our vision for the developer platform is that it should be an enabler for our product development teams to reduce the time to market for their products while not sacrificing on quality. This role is about organizing that complexity to guide our product vision to create a great developer experience for the develop, deploy and operate phases of developer work. Successful tools within this domain can empower product engineers to drive product availability, performance, product quality, and overall developer efficiency. We want to create a superior engineering experience that drives the productivity of every engineer at Travelport. This role will also require the Product Manager to develop a governance model to be enforced across all development teams to ensure that all APIs products have a consistent “look and feel”.
- Responsible for the vision, strategy and actively managing the prioritization of the roadmap for API Developer Platform and calculating Total Cost of Ownership (TCO).
- Accountable for tracking and reporting on status and metrics; forecasting and monitoring the API Developer Platform TCO and development activities against the agreed upon plan, managing and reporting potential overruns and the performance against the agreed KPIs, KRs and the proposed ROI.
- Accountable for executing the API Developer Platform roadmap, facilitating collaboration with delivery teams to deliver the committed plans and help drive the anticipated value agreed as part of the planning process.
- Accountable for synchronizing with the Product Owners to ensure new work is brought into the backlog and prioritized appropriately.
- Has content authority for the Program Backlog and is accountable for accepting features as done.
- Responsible for researching and staying up to date with market, design thinking, technology and competitor trends through the appropriate use of tools, resources and stakeholders to qualify new product pipeline opportunities, which will help realize the Product Family Strategy, KPIs and KRs. Accountable for using tools and frameworks to make data driven decisions to test out hypotheses.
- Responsible for ensuring customers, functional, and market experts are integrated into the Product Management, delivery and architecture teams by agreeing resource requirements with wider product stakeholders.
- Promoting a culture of accountability, establishing best practices, and orchestrating platform, tool and process improvements
- Responsible for collaborating with Architecture, Engineering (Development & QA) and Product Management to develop a deep understanding of their requirements; presenting the roadmap and actively pursuing feedback using the appropriate artifacts.
- Work with Development to understand the development process and develop framework solutions to simplify and accelerate the application development and deployment process
- Work with QA to design and develop solutions to integrate testing into the development framework
- Collaborate with architecture to understand API governance requirements, formulate a comprehensive governance model and communicate it to all stakeholders
- Continually refine the process for creating, publishing, maintaining and documenting APIs
- Develop and communicate an API versioning system
- Knowledge and implementation of formal Product Management techniques, tools & principles and Agile delivery methodology. SAFe experience a plus
- Comfortable with data and using data to drive decisions
- Experience in planning and delivering new products and services (minimum 3 years).
- Technical background (CS major preferred)
- Proven history of executing on complex interdependent projects
- Leadership skills: portraying passion to motivate others to build great products and create a shared vision.
- Communication and influencing skills: adept in communicating technical concepts, scheduling trade-offs and championing new ideas with tech and non-tech stakeholders.
- Equally comfortable working with development/engineering and product management/marketing
- Comfortable working in a matrixed org, able to drive consensus and influence people
- Professionally represents the product through compelling product demos.
- Deep understanding of modern development methodologies
- Experience in and good understanding of DevOps including CI/CD pipelines (OpenShift Preferred)
- Fundamental understanding of Cloud and cloud deployment methodologies (Azure Preferred)
- Familiarity with development frameworks (Jersey, SpringBoot, REST frameworks)
- Familiarity with API Management Gateways and its use in developing and deploying APIs (Akana, Apigee)
- Understanding of Model driven development
What’s in it for you?
You will receive a competitive salary & benefits package accompanied with the opportunity to work in a fast-paced, dynamic and progressive organisation that cares about its people and promotes innovation.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.