Auto req ID: 7234BR
Employee type: Regular - Full Time
Travelport are the only true travel commerce platform in the world. We are specialist solution providers and are committed to building leading technology that makes the experience of buying and managing travel continually better for the global travel and tourism industry. Come and be part of our mission to make sure that every trip is powered by Travelport…
How would you like to be the newest addition to the Travelport Digital family?
- This role is in our architecture team, providing integrated travel management solutions for our customers
- This team helps design and develop the next generation of travel tools and services on desktop and mobile platforms, such as our award-winning Fusion mobile application for airlines.
- This role requires an experienced practitioner in software development with deep technical skills who can help us deliver our exciting product roadmap for 2018 and beyond
- This role requires promoting the architecture vision to our development teams and giving quality feedback on their designs
- This role requires a great communicator who can directly engage with customers to understand their unique requirements
- Regular Social events are regularly held at a team level where product teams work together to achieve extraordinary things. Our vibrant Sports & Social group also organize company-wide social events.
Come and join us…
To ensure we achieve our goal, you will join us in embracing our core values;
- Be a player, not a spectator; You will take ownership and make things happen.
- Think we, not me; We are One Travelport, collaborating to succeed.
- Keep it simple; We’re straightforward and easy to do business with.
- Build for tomorrow; You will challenge the norm, aim high and lead change.
What will I be doing?
- Broad involvement in a range of agile projects and activities, system to class level designer and effortlessly switching between developer and customer facing roles
- We employ an array of mobile and open source technology – here’s just a small flavour:
- Java, Groovy, RESTful microservices, Spring Boot, Node.js, NoSQL (MongoDB), SQL (MySQL), AMQP (RabbitMQ), Apache Camel, AWS, Ansible, CI (Jenkins, Gradle), Automated QA (Cucumber, Calabash, Selenium), Graph QL, Native iOS & Android
- You will work closely with Product Managers to understand and convert business need into workable technical solutions
- You will work alongside developers within scrums to deliver architecturally significant functionality
- You will be expected to use your industry experience to help shape the product roadmap
- You will align multiple work streams, identifying dependencies and sharing your knowledge
- You will support sales to ensure the optimal mix of our products in our client solutions
- Lead the architecture effort on one or more projects through several iterations
- Contributes to the establishment and ongoing development of a roadmap for the defined area.
- Knows and applies the Travelport End to End Delivery Model processes, Investment Framework, Architecture Process, policies and standards to ensure production of quality deliverables.
- Ensure designs are architecturally compliant, identify risks, dependencies, gaps, misalignment, and technical debt. Ensure designs deliver performance, security, fault tolerance, scalability and reusability
- Attend daily stand-ups, retros and demos to ensure architectural bottlenecks are resolved and sprint goals are efficiently met
- Effectively provide the control and governance required to deliver on time and on budget.
- Understand technical needs of projects and convert them into enterprise requirements.
- Help foster an open, innovative and inquisitive development culture
- Develop and promote technical principles, policies and standards across the organisation
- Work with QA to ensure quality requests are thoroughly tested
- Perform code reviews with team members, instilling quality with every commit
- Demonstrates LoB/functional area portfolio level knowledge and understanding of the architectures and dependencies.
- Effectively work with stakeholders and development teams including vendor liaison.
- Contributes expertise to other Architects and Associates in project assessment, technical approach, conflict resolution, architecture technics and staffing requirements.
- Develop solution architecture collateral representing our customer requirements
- Proactively keeps up to date with external trends and technology developments in area of expertise.
- Travel, sometimes at short notice to meet our customers, lead technical workshops, engage with other architects and development teams across the Travelport organisation
Skills and Experience
- 5+ years’ experience crafting scalable, resilient, complex, distributed systems
- Expertise in modern Java based engineering stacks
- Experience in an Agile (Scrum) environment essential
- Ability to design RESTful JSON APIs and event driven messaging systems in your sleep
- Proven ability to contribute to the analysis and assessment of complex technical issues
- Experience in working cross functionally and leading matrixed resources
- Understanding of cloud hosting services
- Comfortable to present technical information to a non-technical audience
- Familiarity with software design patterns and enterprise integration patterns
- Ability to inspire and motivate, to improve quality and productivity, maintaining technical innovation and excellence
- Display high standards, good attention to detail and a methodological work process (lead by example).
- BSc or MSc in Computer Science, Information Systems or equivalent
What’s in it for you?
You will receive a competitive salary & benefits package accompanied with the opportunity to work in a fast-paced, dynamic and progressive organisation that cares about its people and promotes innovation.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.