Auto req ID: 6331BR
Employee type: Regular - Full Time
Travelport are the only true travel commerce platform in the world. We are specialist solution providers and are committed to building leading technology that makes the experience of buying and managing travel continually better for the global travel and tourism industry. Come and be part of our mission to make sure that every trip is powered by Travelport…
Are you looking for a Senior QlikView Developer role that will give you exposure to huge amounts of big data? Does a role where your deliverables genuinely influence key decision makers excite you? if so, then we could be the place for you.
As a Senior QlikView Developer at Travelport, you can thrive in the exciting world of Travel Tech.
Role & Team
You will come on board at a truly exciting time, and as a member of the Software Development Engineering Team you will play a pivotal and crucial part in the delivery of a range of analyses to measure performance of all Travelport products sold by Travelport and the development of a range of compelling and meaningful customer-facing dashboards.
This position will involve:
- Define, design, develop and maintain QlikView applications. End to End QlikView project delivery following the required standards.
- Support ad hoc analysis request by the business teams.
- Applies advanced knowledge of design and development principals and concepts to design key component(s) for at least one product.
- Understands impact on adjacent systems and long term impact of technical decisions,
- Ensures high quality design and code is delivered that meets specifications.
- Generates and communicates ideas to improve overall system design and/or streamline delivery of product/system
- Champions needs of customer community and enhancing user experience.
- Acts as technical point of contact for other Travelport employees and vendors on a subset of larger projects.
- Coaches/mentor other team members and partners in application of platform, application and/or global architectural standards.
Come and join us…
To ensure we achieve our goal, you will join us in embracing our core values;
- Be a player, not a spectator; You will take ownership and make things happen.
- Think we, not me; We are One Travelport, collaborating to succeed.
- Keep it simple; We’re straightforward and easy to do business with.
- Build for tomorrow; You will challenge the norm, aim high and lead change.
You’ll be an innovator, passionate, accountable and solutions focused, not to mention adaptable, hungry for a challenge and an individual who thrives on partnering. All of these combined with the below capabilities are what will make us such a bold and compelling organisation.
- QlikView front-end development
- QlikView scripting and data modelling
- QlikView publisher
- Dashboard design
- Excellent presentation skills and proven ability to produce reports to professional, customer-facing standards
- Ability to gather requirements, and translate into effective reporting
- SQL Querying (DB2 & Oracle)
If this sounds like you, we’d love for you to get in touch.
What’s in it for you?
You will receive a competitive salary & benefits package including cash car allowance & bonus accompanied with the opportunity to work in a fast-paced, dynamic and progressive organisation that cares about its people and promotes innovation. We also provide a free company shuttle bus from both Hatton Cross & Slough stations.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.