Auto req ID: 6762BR
Employee type: Regular - Full Time
Travelport is the only true travel commerce platform in the world. We are specialist solution providers and are committed to building leading technology that makes the experience of buying and managing travel continually better for the global travel and tourism industry. Come and be part of our mission to make sure that every trip is powered by Travelport.
As a Senior Finance Accountant - GL at Travelport, you can thrive in the exciting world of Travel Tech.
Role & Team
You will come on board at a truly exciting time, and as a member of the *Insert team here*, you will play a pivotal and crucial part in specialist general ledger accounting services for Travelport Americas. You will ensure the timely and accurate recording and reporting of transactions to ledgers and the integrity of the resulting financial reporting.
This role/position will involve…
- Prepare all manual journal entries required to complete month-end and annual accounts and to ensure the accuracy and timely posting of entries from sub-ledgers and other entry sources.
- Ensure that all accruals, deferrals, prepayments and any other adjusting entries are booked as necessary along with appropriate supporting documentation.
- Prepare monthly balance sheet reconciliations for all accounts in line with SOX and risk management requirements.
- Reconcile inter-company accounts and record any necessary adjusting entries as required.
- Ensure suspense accounts are analysed and cleared on a monthly basis.
- Produce monthly packs providing Balance Sheet and P & L analysis and supporting commentary.
- Produce information required by external auditors, including that referred to in Prepared by Client schedules, and any other accounting documentation to satisfy audit requirements.
- Provide accurate financial and management accounting information and analysis to other interested parties including FP&A, decision support, controllership, tax and senior management.
- To facilitate best practice procedures and controls to ensure maximum efficiency and adherence to Travelport policies and SOX requirements.
- Manage cash and bank balances ensuring the accuracy of accounts and monthly reconciliation of bank accounts
- Analyze revenue/cost of revenue and record journal entries to accrue/defer revenue as necessary
- Review customer contract data to ensure proper accounting for cost of revenue
Come and join us…
To ensure we achieve our goal, you will join us in embracing our core values;
·Be a player, not a spectator. You will take ownership and make things happen.
·Think we, not me. We are One Travelport, collaborating to succeed.
·Keep it simple. We’re straightforward and easy to do business with.
·Build for tomorrow. You will challenge the norm, aim high and lead change.
You’ll be an innovator, passionate, accountable and solutions focused, not to mention adaptable, hungry for a challenge and an individual who thrives on partnering. All of these combined with the below capabilities are what will make us such a bold and compelling organization.
Your background and experience…
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting required at a minimum.
- CPA candidate required.
- 5+ years accounting experience in a similar large organization. Strong technical accounting skills.
- MS Office Suite knowledge. - Expert level MS Excel expertise (pivot tables, Vlookups etc.), MS Word - word processing experience.
- Experience with automated accounting systems. Oracle experience highly desirable.
- Sound commercial awareness.
Soft Skills / Personality:
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Team player able to demonstrate flexibility, effective communication skills and resilience.
- Ability to work efficiently in a changing environment.
- Proven ability to balance multiple priorities and deadlines.
- Ability to apply sound business reasoning and solve problems in a logical manner through research, diligence, and available resources.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision, exercise independent judgment and carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Must be deadline and detail focused.
If this sounds like you, we’d love for you to get in touch.
What’s in it for you?
You will receive a competitive salary & benefits package accompanied with the opportunity to work in a fast-paced, dynamic and progressive organization that cares about its people and promotes innovation.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.