Auto req ID: 6730BR
Employee type: Regular - Full Time
The Senior HR Manager, MEA is responsible primarily to lead the business partnering and transformation of Agency Commerce LOB for MEA. Working closely with respective Regional MDs, HR Director APACMEA as a trusted advisor, together with the regional HR team to develop and drive the people strategy to enable the successful delivery of key strategic goals and business targets. The role also provides substantial opportunities to work with multiple LOBs through partnership with the respective HRBPs based outside the region.
This role will also work closely with the HR Director to drive change to the HR service delivery model in APACMEA and ensuring alignment of processes and increased levels of efficiency for the department. bringing in consistency in the way HR interacts and delivers to the internal stakeholders. This role will have a substantial impact in shaping the overall future success of HR across APACMEA.
The role provides an excellent opportunity for an HR professional to work in a challenging role within a truly international environment. It provides exposure to key strategic initiatives and stakeholders, and therefore offers real opportunities for professional development. We are looking for a candidate who is results driven, skilled at building internal relationships and roll up the sleeves to manage a varied workload with competing priorities.
- Build strong business partnership with people managers and drive strategic business objectives into HR deliverables. Proactive to support, advise and guide on multiple facets of the business to include organization structure, change management, workforce planning, employee relations, performance management, compliance, talent acquisition, compensation & benefits, organization development and training
- Partner and coach leaders and managers in performance and development processes and challenges to drive high-performing teams. Ensure Performance Enablement and regularly check ins are carried out effectively across the business.
- Championing change through guidance and assistance to the business to permeate and embed Travelport values in the company
- Introducing and communicate global HR tools & solutions and serve as an advocate and educator to the managers on the usage and benefits of such tools
- Be an effective, and sought-after, sounding board and coach to the leaders of the business
- Identify and close gaps partnering closely with subject matter experts in HR
- Review and analyze market, industry best practices, trends, and internal feedback and bring those information to the leaders to drive data driven decision with regards to employees
- Ensure that the right capabilities are in place now and in the future through a workforce planning process
- Pro-actively manage the talent pipeline through use of a Succession Management process, ensuring key positions have succession plans in place and ensuring High Potential employees have development plans
- Own and coordinate key initiatives of the global people strategy for assigned customer groups
- Provide advice, guidance and counsel to managers and employees on HR issues, ensuring fair and consistent treatment across the organization
- Interact, engage and liaise with other HR professionals within Travelport and other organizations to stay abreast of issues and best practice, to align approaches with the enterprise and to ensure a positive view of Travelport
- Contribute to the formulation and the delivery of HR practices, policies, strategies and objectives which are complementary to, and supportive of, business needs
- Develop recommend and drive changes and improvements to processes and policies to ensure alignment and best practice with the regional HR team.
- Serve as the custodian to ensure that all HR employment policies and practices are in compliance of local legislation and employee relations are managed in harmony with Travelport’s values and business ethics. Lead complex employee investigations e.g. Ethics issues.
Knowledge, Skills, Experience, Training, Education
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalently qualified by experience
- 8+ years of Human Resource Generalist experience with specific experience managing transformative change at both the operational and strategic level in a complex environment
- Demonstrated ability to understand business strategies and translate business strategies into appropriate HR goals, objectives and tactics a must
- Strong proven skills in employee relations, organization development and change, performance management, workforce planning, succession planning, internal consulting, talent acquisition, compensation and benefits, training and development
- Strong data aptitude with ability to translate data into business narratives and influence organizational direction
- Global matrixed organization work experience preferred
- Articulate and clear communicator with excellent listening and facilitation skills
- Ability to influence and attain credibility with leaders at all levels of the organization
- Ability to build a plan, stay organized and follow through to delivery
- Ability to represent HR initiatives and messages to all levels of management and employees
- Excellent 360 relationship building skills with a good understanding of different cultures and how to work with them to deliver results
- Ability to balance the needs of individual employees with the needs of the leaders/business
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Work within a complex matrixed environment while dealing with continuous change and balancing multiple priorities.
- Be proactive, prioritize demands and make decisions based on business requirements and strategies.
- Understand the various complexities of the business to support the respective management teams in their operation.
- Be flexible to deal with changing scope, last minute priorities and unplanned workload as the organization goes through change
- Willingness to travel