Auto req ID: 7250BR
Category: Sales & Business Development
Employee type: Fixed Term Contractor - Full Time
Fixed Term Contract - 16 Months
Are you looking for an opportunity where you can make a real impact during a period of transformation in our industry? If you feel you can deliver operational excellence, whilst helping our customers and our teams navigate through key change initiatives, then this could be the opportunity for you!
Travelport are the only true travel commerce platform in the world. We are specialist solution providers and are committed to building leading technology that makes the experience of buying and managing travel continually better for the global travel and tourism industry. Come and be part of our mission to make sure that every trip is powered by Travelport…
Role & Team
You will come on board at a truly exciting time, and as a member of the Air Commerce team, you will play a pivotal and crucial part in the successful implementation of NDC projects with a number of our Airline customers.
As Senior Manager, you will be a strategic Program Manager who can lead change and operational excellence as we transform our content on-boarding technologies and related processes. The role will be pivotal in delivering on initiatives such as Multi Source Content in support of the industry moving to more flexible, dynamic and richer API based technologies and ensuring best practice program delivery as defined and agreed with executive partners.
This is a matrix role requiring close collaboration with cross functional stakeholders throughout the business including Air & Agency Commerce, Platform Services, Technology/Architecture, Legal, Finance/Billing and Marketing/Communications so as to ensure an aligned approach to support and enable successful delivery of these groundbreaking change projects!
The Manager will identify, set-up and manage processes, structures and tools necessary to govern, support, measure and control the overall project engagements within Air Commerce. This includes formalization of governance structures and partner engagement processes.
Responsible and accountable for ensuring strategic outcomes are met through delivering multiple work streams. Using personal relationships and your outstanding experience to ensure the delivery of complex work streams across the entire global organization.
You will track key milestones and provide a fast, accurate project status even when the deliverable is a moving target. They will ensure great visibility and continuous feedback, and will react quickly to change and bottlenecks. The Program Manager will look at proactive, real-time delivery metrics. They must also have excellent communication and client facing skills
You will enable close collaboration between client and product portfolios as well as between definition and delivery and assist in rolling out and managing Agile product development practices, processes and tools.
What we’re looking for in you:
- Significant project management experience within a travel technology based organisation
- Outstanding project management skills, excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Gravitas to engage with ‘VP/SVP’ level executives
- Demonstrable experience in leading and influencing cross-functional/matrix teams not under your direct control
- Knowledge of large scale content aggregation and enablement of global supply chains
- Excellent relationship building skills with a good understanding of different cultures and how to work with them to manage competing demands and deliver results in a global organisation
- Balanced business/technical knowledge to establish/maintain trust and confidence:
- Sufficient level of technical background to provide highly-credible input to business analyst/development teams and to be able to accurately and objectively evaluate complex project risks and issues
- Ability to collaborate with commercial teams and customers to develop strategies of high business value
- Ability to work within a strategic programme to deliver on strategic outcomes with minimal oversight
- Creative approach to problem-solving with the ability to focus on details while maintaining the “big picture” view
Come and join us…
To ensure we achieve our goal, you will join us in embracing our core values;
- Be a player, not a spectator; You will take ownership and make things happen.
- Think we, not me; We are One Travelport, collaborating to succeed.
- Keep it simple; We’re straightforward and easy to do business with.
- Build for tomorrow; You will challenge the norm, aim high and lead change.
You’ll be an innovator, passionate, accountable and solutions focused, not to mention adaptable, hungry for a challenge and an individual who thrives on partnering. All of these combined with the below capabilities are what will make us such a bold and compelling organisation.
If this sounds like you, we’d love for you to get in touch.
What’s in it for you?
You will receive a competitive salary & benefits package accompanied with the opportunity to work in a fast-paced, dynamic and progressive organisation that cares about its people and promotes innovation.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.