Auto req ID: 7105BR
Employee type: Regular - Full Time
Travelport are the only true travel commerce platform in the world. We are specialist solution providers and are committed to building leading technology that makes the experience of buying and managing travel continually better for the global travel and tourism industry. Come and be part of our mission to make sure that every trip is powered by Travelport…
Are you a Server Developer looking to work in fast paced technical role in which you will drive enterprise solutions for our customers globally? if so, then we could be the place for you.
As a Senior Server Developer at Travelport, you can thrive in the exciting world of Travel Tech.
Role & Team
You will come on board at a truly exciting time, and as a member of the Customer Delivery Team, you will play a pivotal and crucial part in collaborating with a focused team of experienced developers, testers and designers. You will be responsible for the end to end delivery of Travelport Digital’s leading Customers’ solutions.
· We work in a fast paced, test driven agile development. Exposure to that environment would be beneficial.
· Drive: You’re not someone that waits be told what to do. You’re to constantly coming up with small improvements or big new ideas, bringing the best solutions to life.
· Creativity and curiosity: You’re passionate about seeing your changes some to life. You’re naturally curious and immersed in your work – constantly reading, researching, looking at the latest trends and trying out new technologies and approaches.
· High attention to detail: You’re the person who spots the pixel out of place and more importantly, helps us fix it.
· Growth: You want to mentor other developers and be one of the leaders of web technologies within the company.
This Senior Server Developer role will involve…
· Support and guide requirements/design activities for features in one of our Customer teams.
· Contributes to establishment and enforcement of standards and best practices. Focused on efficient, high performance, high reliability/stability experience and architectural alignment of solution.
· Collaborates with key stakeholders (Quality, Architecture, Security, Project Management, Commercial) and contributes subject matter expertise to develop unique solutions to complex issues.
· Understands and guides others in how to in balance tactical needs with strategic application of platform, application and/or global architectural standards
· Demonstrates ability to keep things simple and apply lean product development principles.
· Takes the initiative – doesn't wait to be told what to do. Constantly coming up with small improvements or big new ideas, bringing the best solutions to life.
· Relentless about quality and embracing a culture of continuous delivery
· Passionate about seeing changes come to life. Naturally curious and immersed in the work – constantly reading, innovating, researching, exploring the latest trends and trying out new technologies and approaches
Come and join us… To ensure we achieve our goal, you will join us in embracing our core values;
· Be a player, not a spectator; You will take ownership and make things happen.
· Think we, not me; We are One Travelport, collaborating to succeed.
· Keep it simple; We’re straightforward and easy to do business with.
· Build for tomorrow; You will challenge the norm, aim high and lead change.
You’ll be an innovator, passionate, accountable and solutions focused, not to mention adaptable, hungry for a challenge and an individual who thrives on partnering. All of these combined with the below capabilities are what will make us such a bold and compelling organisation.
· Have a minimum of 5+ years (post-graduation) Java development experience.
· Proven ability to deliver software on-time and with high quality.
· Solid experience in latest Java server-side development essential (Java 8+).
· Experience with Spring Boot or the Spring Framework is essential.
· Experience with Unit Testing (Junit/Spock) and Acceptance Testing (Cucumber).
· Experience with RESTful Web Services and strong understanding of Microservices architecture.
· Experience with Continuous Integration (e.g. Jenkins, Sonar) and automated deployment (e.g. Ansible) an advantage.
· Strong Database knowledge in either SQL or ideally NoSQL (e.g. Mongo).
· Desirable knowledge in Gradle, Groovy and Agile (Scrum preferably).
· Experience with Amazon AWS is an advantage
· 4-year degree in Computer Science, Mathematics or combination of experience and education.
· Exposure to mobile technologies (e.g. Objective-C/Swift on iOS or Java/Kotlin on Android) would be an advantage.
· Strong written and verbal communication skills; able to communicate technical information in a clear and succinct manner.
If this sounds like you, we’d love for you to get in touch.
What’s in it for you?
You will receive a competitive salary & benefits package accompanied with the opportunity to work in a fast-paced, dynamic and progressive organisation that cares about its people and promotes innovation. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.