Auto req ID: 7374BR
Employee type: Regular - Full Time
Travelport is the only true travel commerce platform in the world. We are specialist solution providers and are committed to building leading technology that makes the experience of buying and managing travel continually better for the global travel and tourism industry. Come and be part of our mission to make sure that every trip is powered by Travelport…
Are you looking for a role where you can get plugged in and prosper in a varied environment? Do you feel passionate about providing multiple executive support? If so, then we could be the place for you
As a Sr Software Development Engineer at Travelport, guide the next generation of ticket exchange solutions for travel management. This position resides in the Trip Change group within Travelport. Trip Change is responsible for delivering travel change services to major Online travel agencies and Travel Management Companies globally. Trip Change is considered one of Travelport’s key drivers over the coming years. As a result, we are seeking a Lead Engineer to guide teams in developing the next generation of travel technology for our customers.
- Designing, coding and leading other engineers in the delivery of industry leading travel change management solutions
- Championing customer community and user experience enhancement
- Serving as a key technical point of contact for other travel tech delivery communities, sharing what you know, but more importantly understanding what you don’t and seek out new knowledge
- Proactively contributing to and ensuring compliance with standards and best practices within application delivery
- Four year degree in Computer Science, Mathematics or combination of experience and education
- 5+ years relevant experience - Visual C++ / Angular JS / Java / Web Services development
- Prior experience as a team lead
- Highly technical individual possessing expertise and experience working across multiple components or one entire application (or internal business system)
- Experience developing, deploying or supporting commercial, customer facing distributed or mainframe solutions
- Possess deep Travel technology domain expertise and experience working across a group of related products/applications
- Highly engaged technical team that works with employees, offshore and onshore resources in a collaborative manner.
- Defining characteristics of our team are our ability to constantly learn and improve both in what and how we deliver value and in how we work together.
What’s in it for you?
You will receive a competitive salary & benefits package accompanied with the opportunity to work in a fast-paced, dynamic and progressive organisation that cares about its people and promotes innovation.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.