Auto req ID: 7266BR
Employee type: Regular - Full Time
Travelport is the only true travel commerce platform in the world. We are specialist solution providers and are committed to building leading technology that makes the experience of buying and managing travel continually better for the global travel and tourism industry. Come and be part of our mission to make sure that every trip is powered by Travelport…
Travelport is passionate about providing distribution, technology, payment and other solutions for the $8 trillion global travel and tourism industry. Our platform enables travel providers, travel agencies, corporations and developers to search, share, buy and sell travel.
Role & Team:
You will come on board at a truly exciting time, as Senior Software Engineer where you will operate as a SME around ServiceNow. Reporting to the Manager, Software Engineering where you will be a key owner in figuring out strategic direction for ServiceNow and CSM.
- Applies expert knowledge of principles and concepts in the development, design, and/or maintenance of multiple components or activities for more than one product
- Understands impact on adjacent systems and long-term impact of technical decisions and recognizes importance of compliance with architectural direction and TEP (Technology Enterprise Process)
- Ensures high quality code is delivered that meets specifications
- Generates ideas to improve overall system design and/or streamline delivery of product/system
- Champions needs of customer community and user experience improvement
- Acts as a key technical point of contact for a subset of larger project as a technical authority
- Proactively chips into compliance with standard and standard methodologies within application delivery
- Utilization of corporate project management tools as the need arises eg: PPM, Jira etc.
- Understands and guides others in how to in balance tactical needs with strategic application of platform, application and/or global architectural standards
- Actively contributes to collaborative relationships with key vendors/partners to accomplish technology/application delivery goals
- Maintains awareness of new technologies, industry trends, and drives adoption of software development engineering standard methodologies such as Agile working practices.
You’ll be an innovator, hardworking, accountable and solutions-focused, not to mention adaptable, eager for a challenge and an individual who flourishes with partnering. All of these combined with the below capabilities are what will make us such an ambitious and compelling organization.
- Strong knowledge within field of ServiceNow, while demonstrating expertise in at least one specialty (i.e., CSM, ITSM, ITOM)
- Understands business role and responsibilities as they relate to Travelport people, business and clients
- Provides tactical and technical support on tasks and mentorship to others
- Able to serve as domain expert or team lead for short-term projects
- Provides direction to others.
- Highly technical individual possessing expertise and experience working across multiple components or one entire application (or internal business system)
- Experience developing, deploying or supporting commercial, customer facing distributed or mainframe solutions
- Possess deep domain expertise and experience working across a group of related products/applications.
- Experience in Quality Assurance, software development, project management, operations and other technical areas.
- Experience leading projects.
- Experience in travel industry preferred.
- 4-year degree in Computer Science, Mathematics or combination of experience and education
- ServiceNow certification(s) a plus
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; able to communicate technical information in a clear and succinct manner
- Highly proficient in all phases of Travelport SDLC and business unit specific metrics and processes.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel PowerPoint) Visio as applicable
- Practical working knowledge of using Microsoft Project as a planning tool and working in a Project Server Environment
- Experience of Jira for Requirements/ Story management and work management tools (eg: KANBAN if applicable to area)
- Is productive independently and requires very infrequent oversight from others.
- Participate in design tasks for all architectures.
- Assist in defining architectures in compliance with TEP (Technology Enterprise Process).
- Provide oversight, mentorship and review work performed by others.
- Subject matter expert (SME)
- Provides direction and mentorship to colleagues/team members
- Develops/improves processes and direction, recommends and transfers knowledge.
- Advises various partners and coaches/mentors others
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.