Auto req ID: 7056BR
Employee type: Regular - Full Time
Travelport are the only true travel commerce platform in the world. We are specialist solution providers and are committed to building leading technology that makes the experience of buying and managing travel continually better for the global travel and tourism industry. Come and be part of our mission to make sure that every trip is powered by Travelport…
Are you passionate about learning?
You'll have a thirst for learning, you're quick to understand the systems from both Functional and Technical perspective.
Working closely with the other members of a small development team, you will design, implement, test, deploy and support cost effective solutions for all aspects of the applications, whether for problem resolution, minor improvements or major implementations. You'll also provide 3rd line out-of-hours support during critical Billing periods, such as Financial Month-End, Quarter and Annual Close.
As a Senior Software Development Engineer - BRM at Travelport, you can thrive in the exciting world of Travel Tech!
Your new role will involve
- Using your knowledge of principles and concepts in the development, design, and/or maintenance of multiple components or activities for more than one product
- Understands impact on adjacent systems and long-term impact of technical decisions and recognizes importance of compliance with architectural direction
- Ensures high quality code is delivered that meets specifications
- Generates ideas to improve overall system design and/or streamline delivery of product/system
- Champions needs of customer community and user experience improvement
- Acts as a key technical point of contact for a subset of larger project as a technical expert
- Enthusiastically contributes to compliance with standard and standard methodologies within application delivery
- Utilizes corporate project management tools as required eg: PPM, Jira etc
- Understands and guides others in how to in balance tactical needs with strategic application of platform, application and/or global architectural standards
- Actively contributes to collaborative relationships with key vendors/partners to accomplish technology/application delivery goals
- Maintains awareness of new technologies, industry trends, and drives adoption of software development engineering standard methodologies eg: Agile working practices
What we're ideally looking for in you!
- Strong learning attitude – Able to quickly become productive with new technologies and systems
- Experience of Jira for Requirements/ Story management and work management tools (eg: KANBAN if applicable to area)
Requirements and Design
- Understands how to select and apply appropriate methodologies to document, clarify, refine, detail and prioritize functional and non-functional requirements.
- Able to effectively coordinate with others to collect requirements & design
- Understands how organizational and industry rules impact requirements and ultimate code design
- Demonstrates high proficiency of the following programming languages: C/C++ (required), Java (required), SQL (required), Perl, Shell Scripting, PL/SQL
- Understands the cost of different algorithms and can select the best one to solve specific problems
- Has experience with software versioning systems (CVS preferred)
- Engineers extensible solutions with the client in mind
- Understands how different systems interact and the impact on programming/testing
- Can provide mentorship to more junior programmers around methodologies and programming languages
- Owns testing plan for domain
- Experience with design and implementation of user interfaces in Java alongside experience with Netbeans IDE or Eclipse for Java development
- Experience with Oracle BRM APIs
- Preferred – Experience creating and modifying BRM opcodes
- Preferred – Experience developing iScripts and iRules for Oracle BRM Pipeline and configuring BRM Pipeline registry
- Has extensive experience with Unix/Linux systems and Oracle Database as user and developer
- Experience with Database and SQL tuning
- Extensive experience configuring, implementing, deploying & supporting Oracle BRM systems
- Experience configuring Oracle BRM pricing and discounting
What’s in it for you?
You will receive a competitive salary & benefits package accompanied with the opportunity to work in a fast-paced, dynamic and progressive organisation that cares about its people and promotes innovation.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.