Auto req ID: 6981BR
Employee type: Regular - Full Time
Travelport are the only true travel commerce platform in the world. We are specialist solution providers and are committed to building leading technology that makes the experience of buying and managing travel continually better for the global travel and tourism industry. Come and be part of our mission to make sure that every trip is powered by Travelport…
Systems Engineering at Travelport focuses on enablement of successful systems design, implementation and operation. The goal is to provide consistent, stable, always on and always performant systems and platforms. This goal is accomplished by encapsulating all associated disciplines into a structured set of processes and requirements that progress from concept to production and operation.
- A high performing team of skilled engineers working in a collaborative, fast paced, friendly environment. Innovation and up-skilling is strongly encouraged with plenty of opportunity to grow technically.
- Drive: You’re not someone that waits be told what to do. You’re constantly coming up with small improvements or big new ideas, bringing the best solutions to life
- Creativity and curiosity: You’re passionate about seeing your changes come to life. You’re naturally curious and immersed in your work – constantly reading, researching, looking at the latest trends and trying out new technologies and approaches
- High attention to detail: You’re the person who spots the problem and comes up with a solution
- Growth: You want to mentor team members and be one of the leaders within the company.
Come and join us…
To ensure we achieve our goal, you will join us in embracing our core values;
- Be a player, not a spectator; You will take ownership and make things happen.
- Think we, not me; We are One Travelport, collaborating to succeed.
- Keep it simple; We’re straightforward and easy to do business with.
- Build for tomorrow; You will challenge the norm, aim high and lead change.
You’ll be an innovator, passionate, accountable and solutions focused, not to mention adaptable, hungry for a challenge and an individual who thrives on partnering. All of these combined with the below capabilities are what will make us such a bold and compelling organisation.
- Develop tools to improve our ability to rapidly deploy and effectively monitor business-critical systems in a multi-cloud environment
- Build tools to empower Development and QA teams to reduce dependencies on operations and infrastructure teams
- Propose and implement strategies and solutions to improve efficiency across Travelport
- Support and build automated CI/CD pipelines enforcing Travelport development practices
- Participate in Tool Selections to ensure we have the right tool for the job
- Automate all the things.
- Promote and foster a DevOps culture
- Experience in one or more scripting language (Python, Bash, Groovy… )
- Programming experience in Java or other high-level languages
- Experience in microservice based applications
- Strong Linux experience
- Experience in managing cloud environments such as AWS, GCP, Azure.
- Strong experience in configuration management tools such as Ansible, Chef, Puppet, Salt.
- Experience with Docker and orchestration tools such as Kubernetes, Openshift, Docker Swarm
- Experience with QA Automation Frameworks such as Cucumber, Spock
- Working knowledge and exposure to build tools such as Jenkins, Travis, CircleCI, GitLab CI
What’s in it for you?
You will receive a competitive salary & benefits package accompanied with the opportunity to work in a fast-paced, dynamic and progressive organisation that cares about its people and promotes innovation.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.