Auto req ID: 6500BR
Employee type: Regular - Full Time
Travelport is the only true travel commerce platform in the world. We are specialist solution providers and are committed to building leading technology that makes the experience of buying and managing travel continually better for the global travel and tourism industry. Come and be part of our mission to make sure that every trip is powered by Travelport…
Are you looking for a role where you can get plugged in and prosper in a varied environment? Do you feel passionate about providing multiple executive support? If so, then we could be the place for you
As a Sr Systems Engineer at Travelport, you can thrive in the exciting world of Travel Tech.
Sr. Systems Engineer for a team of Red Hat Linux & AIX systems engineers that Support of our critical enterprise server infrastructure, which will include installing, provisioning, configuring, operating, maintaining, and troubleshooting the Operating Systems.
- Acts as a key technical and/or functional expert for larger projects / SME for internal business system projects.
- Works with Director/Manager to gain understanding of long-term technology impacts
- Maintain existing systems, patch existing systems, ensure ongoing health and support of the systems.
- Develop and implement automation and workflow
- Support automation requests from the Business
- Identify and develop workflows to automate manual processes
- Perform complex troubleshooting and analysis to determine ways to improve a system’s reliability, scalability, availability, and performance.
- Work with engineers to understand the design and implementation of solutions.
- Documentation of troubleshooting guides and Technical Product Training
- Participate in project meetings, liaise and participate in meetings with vendors and software providers
- Provide assistance to technical Project Managers in delivering projects
- Providing support and mentoring to other IT staff
- Providing on-job training to new or inexperienced members of the team.
- Document and hand over systems to other teams for ongoing support
- Additional Accountabilities
- Other System Administration, BAU support, work tickets in support of applications teams.
- High Level of fault management/resolution and incident management responsibility to include production of incident reports within required timescales
- Keeps the management team and peers fully advised of challenges, timelines, and customer interaction.
- Work with peers across the enterprise to share knowledge and ensure consistent enterprise standards are maintained.
- Adheres to Business Unit Change Control agreements and system security procedures
- Available to work on an on-call rota and carry out weekend and evening work as required by the role
- 7+ years' experience
- 4-year degree in Computer Science, Mathematics or combination of experience and education
- RedHat Linux training & Certifications
- Experience leading projects or small teams.
- Strong scripting skills in Powershell, VBScript, BASH, Python, Perl, Ansible
- Strong experience on Red Hat Satellite and Red Hat Directory Services (LDAP)
- Experience of TCP/IP networking
- Good knowledge of these technologies:
- VMware vSphere
- Dell/HP/Cisco/IBM Server Hardware
- Linux Clusters, Veritas Clustering
- SAN/NAS Storage
- ITIL standard methodology framework
- Knowledge of the following desirable but not required:
- Nagios, Ganglia.
- Oracle, DB2, MySQL,
- IBM AIX
- Experience or understanding of corporate and external audit standards such as Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) & PCI
What’s in it for you?
You will receive a competitive salary & benefits package accompanied with the opportunity to work in a fast-paced, dynamic and progressive organisation that cares about its people and promotes innovation.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.