Auto req ID: 6833BR
Employee type: Regular - Full Time
Travelport are the only true travel commerce platform in the world. We are specialist solution providers and are committed to building leading technology that makes the experience of buying and managing travel continually better for the global travel and tourism industry. Come and be part of our mission to make sure that every trip is powered by Travelport…
Are you a hardworking Software professional looking for a fresh challenge? Does being part of a huge transformation sound exciting to you? If so, then we could be the place for you.
Whilst the primary focus will be on HR systems, the role will also grow to enable cover for E-Business Suite financial applications.
As a Software Development Engineer at Travelport, you can thrive & grow in the exciting world of Travel Tech.
Role & Team
You will come on board at a truly exciting time, and as a member of the Software Development team, you will play a pivotal and crucial part in our transition from Oracle R12 to Oracle Cloud (Fusion).
Working on both the HCM & EBS (E-Business Suite) projects, you will bring fresh ideas, work with senior partners in the business & become a valued & qualified member of an Oracle certified team.
This dynamic position will involve…
- Assessing HR system requirements to produce configuration designs, interface coding and implement those solutions to meet defined business requirements and adhere to business standards under broad supervision.
- You will work with the Business Relationship Management function and the business analysts gathering requirements, provide system knowledge and expertise to validate and create detailed functional and technical requirements.
- You will design, develop, and test HR system configuration activities as well as provide HR systems product knowledge to other colleagues within Enterprise Corporate Systems (ECS) and
- You'll work closely to deliver and support cost-effective solutions for all aspects of the HR systems implementation.
- In partnership with the ECS project management office, you will also provide guidance on the development of training materials.
- Assisting with end-user training of system functionality as well as supporting other Project related work as needed. Constantly reviewing and updating all documentation to assist with the improvement of existing processes.
- Understanding the impact on adjacent systems as well as short and long term impact of technical decisions.
- Working closely with 3rd party vendors and the ECS Service Delivery team to document change requests, review of document specification, regression testing.
- UAT co-ordination, migration of changes, end-user training, communication and ongoing support including the management of enhancement requests.
Come and join us…
To ensure we achieve our goal, you will join us in embracing our core values;
- Be a player, not a spectator; You will take ownership and make things happen.
- Think we, not me; We are One Travelport, collaborating to succeed.
- Keep it simple; We’re straightforward and easy to do business with.
- Build for tomorrow; You will challenge the norm, aim high and lead change.
You’ll be an innovator, hardworking, accountable and solutions focused, not to mention adaptable, hungry for a challenge and an individual who thrives on partnering. All of these combined with the below capabilities are what will make us such an ambitious and compelling organisation.
- You will be working primarily on our Oracle HCM project so previous experience of this is critical.
- Writing interfaces & SQL scripts will be regular occurrences in this position so you will need to be confident with both.
- You are collaborative & open to working in a multi-functional team.
- Exposure to PL & Java would be a bonus.
- If you have worked with BI Publisher, you would benefit.
- Previous experience with EBS (E-Business Suite) R12 (Oracle R12) would be beneficial but not critical.
If this sounds like you, we’d love for you to get in touch.
What’s in it for you?
You will receive a competitive salary & benefits package accompanied by the opportunity to work in a fast-paced, dynamic and progressive organisation that cares about its people and promotes innovation.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.