Auto req ID: 7228BR
Employee type: Regular - Full Time
Travelport are the only true travel commerce platform in the world. We are specialist solution providers and are committed to building leading technology that makes the experience of buying and managing travel continually better for the global travel and tourism industry. Come and be part of our mission to make sure that every trip is powered by Travelport…
Are you functional Oracle HCM expert looking for a fresh challenge?!
Whilst your main focus will be on HR systems, your role will also enable you to learn and be a go-to for E-Business Suite financial applications.
Taking the next step at Travelport means you can thrive & grow in the exciting world of Travel Tech!
Role & Team
You will come on board at a truly exciting time, and as a member of the Software Development team, playing a pivotal and crucial part in our transition from Oracle R12 to Oracle Cloud (Fusion).
- Assess HR system requirements to produce configuration designs, interface coding and implement complex solutions to meet defined business requirements and adhere to business standards under broad supervision
- Collaborate with the Business Relationship Management function (responsible for direct engagement with business partners) and business analysts collecting requirements, provide system knowledge and expertise to validate and build detailed functional and technical requirements
- Plan, design, develop, and test HR system configuration activities
- In partnership with the ECS PMO, they will also provide guidance on the development of training materials focused towards the company’s implementation of the product
- Assist with end-user training of system functionality as well as supporting other Project related work as needed. Constantly review and update all documentation to assist with the improvement of existing processes
- Understands impact on adjacent systems and long term impact of technical decisions and recognizes importance of compliance with architectural direction and TEP (Technology Enterprise Process)
- Ensures high quality code/interfaces/functional configurations is delivered (requires coding and testing skills) that meets complex specifications
- Generates ideas to improve overall system end to end design and/or streamline delivery of product/system
- Acts as a key techno-functional point of contact for a subset of larger project as a technical expert
- Contributes to compliance with standard and standard methodologies within application delivery
- Utilisation of corporate project management tools as required eg: PPM, Jira etc
- Understands and guides others in how to in balance tactical needs with strategic application of platform, application and/or global architectural standards
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; able to communicate information in a clear and succinct manner
- Actively contributes to collaborative relationships with key vendors/partners to accomplish technology/application delivery goals
- Maintains awareness of new technologies, industry trends, and drives adoption of software development engineering standard methodologies eg: Agile working practices
Technical Skills / Experience Summary
- Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics or equivalent experience
- Hands on delivery of Corporate HR systems projects – specifically experience of Oracle HCM Suite (Performance and Compensation) and BI Publisher.
Specific Oracle modules include;
- Core HCM, Compensation Workbench/Rewards, OTL (Oracle Time and Labour), Employee and Manager Self Service, Oracle Absence Management and Benefits
- Experience of supporting solutions delivery for highly complex projects moving from a customized coded and configured local solution to a COTS SaaS solution
- Demonstrable detailed experience of managing the complexities of technical and functional requirements
- Modify and create Oracle HCM extracts.
- Supporting projects on eBusiness Suite R12 core financial and reporting solutions is a significant plus
- Proficiency in PL/SQL
- Highly proficient in all phases of Travelport SDLC and BU specific metrics and processes with experience of working in Agile method
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office and Visio
What’s in it for you;
A competitive salary & benefits package accompanied by the opportunity to work in a fast-paced, dynamic and forward-thinking organisation that cares about its people and promotes innovation.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.