Auto req ID: 7263BR
Employee type: Regular - Full Time
who enjoys working in a dynamic, fast-paced and progressive organization that cares about its people and promotes innovation. The candidate must be comfortable working in Agile teams to design, prototype, and build new products, and to enhance existing products and tools.
- Design and code in TPF Fares and Pricing Platforms using Agile/SAFe methodologies.
- Ensure high quality code is delivered on time and meets or exceeds specifications.
- Champion needs of customer community and user experience enhancements.
- Proactively collaborate with diverse, internationally distributed team members and teams including: Enterprise Architecture, QA, Business Analysts, Information Security, and onshore/offshore vendors.
- Generate ideas to improve overall system design and/or streamline delivery of product/system.
- Understand impact on adjacent systems and long-term impact of technical decisions.
- Enforce high quality, best practice, enterprise level development standards through appropriate work delegation, code reviews, consulting and mentoring.
- Partner with QA to deliver agile based efficient and iterative testing.
- Perform, facilitate and communicate project estimation, status reporting, risk analysis, impact analysis and work breakdown estimates.
- Willing to support production level code and be available to react to customer incident escalations in a 24/7/365 global industry.
- Participate in daily stand-ups.
- Collaborate seamlessly with key interfacing partners including:
- Development Lead
- Scrum Master
- Product Owner
- External Customers
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related degree.
- Minimum of 5 years of solid experience developing, deploying or supporting commercial, customer facing solutions on distributed applications.
- Given depth and breadth of experience, able to complete assignments very quickly.
- Self-starter needing minimal direction who proactively seeks out information and solutions to drive delivery.
- Demonstrable experience with:
- TPF/zTPF operating system
- Assembler, TPFDF, and TPF C/C++
- Preferred experience with:
- Developing, testing, implementing and supporting Global Distribution System (GDS) applications
- Fares and Pricing applications
- TPFGI, Toolchain
- Agile, SAFe
- VM, CMS
- Linux/Windows Environments
- Agile / SAFe Methodology
- Remediation and refactoring of new and legacy code
- JIRA, Aha!
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
What’s in it for you?
You will receive a competitive salary & benefits package accompanied with the opportunity to work in a fast-paced, dynamic and progressive organization that cares about its people and promotes innovation.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.