Auto req ID: 6866BR
Employee type: Regular - Full Time
Travelport are the only true travel commerce platform in the world. We are specialist solution providers and are committed to building leading technology that makes the experience of buying and managing travel continually better for the global travel and tourism industry. Come and be part of our mission to make sure that every trip is powered by Travelport…
Job Summary/ Purpose Statement:
- Manage multiple product teams (up to 40 engineers)
- Act as coach and mentor for your teams. Line manage senior engineers and tech leads and be responsible for developing their careers and devising training plans for them
- Provide technical support and guidance to your Scrum teams when assessing the feasibility of future work
- Coach teams to identify and manage technical impediments and risks throughout delivery
- Drive and contribute directly to the technology strategy by working with peer groups in Engineering, Architecture and Product Management to evaluate, implement and advocate new tools, best practices and technologies
- Reinforce a strong agile culture with the teams ensuring the adoption of best practices across teams
- Create and nurture a safe environment so that individuals and teams are free to innovate, experiment and fail
- Drive a culture where teams continuously seek to improve
- Collaborate with stakeholders, including Product Management and Architecture, to ensure that the teams are best resourced to deliver on the product vision.
- Collaborate with Senior Management and peers to develop process & technical improvements and to influence strategy where appropriate
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written
- Excellent team leadership and people management skills
- Ability to influence at all levels, internally and externally
- Strong technical background (ideally mobile or web development or server side Java with open source tools)
- Good organizational skills with teams and project
- 3+ years experience in a Software Development Management role, delivering software projects in a fast-paced environment
- Experience of leading/working within agile development teams
- Significant experience in managing large teams, including offshore/nearshore teams.
- A strong commercial focus and a proven understanding of the trade-offs required to deliver great products and solutions to our customers in an effective way.
- Tangible experience of identifying and leveraging new technologies to deliver real value to the business
If this sounds like you, we’d love for you to get in touch.
What’s in it for you?
You will receive a competitive salary & benefits package accompanied with the opportunity to work in a fast-paced, dynamic and progressive organisation that cares about its people and promotes innovation.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.