Auto req ID: 6390BR
Category: Sales & Business Development
Employee type: Regular - Full Time
As a Solutions Consultant at Travelport, you can thrive in the exciting world of Travel Tech. You will be considered a regional functional and technical expert; who partners with the regional sales teams in supporting Travelport customers (new and existing) with solutions/best practices utilizing Travelport products, services and/or preferred partners that best meet customer requirements.
You will come on board at a truly exciting time, and as a member of the Agency Commerce Commercial team, you will play a pivotal and crucial part in ensuring high levels of customer satisfaction through delivering excellent consultancy and customer service. Your role maintains and maximizes revenues by providing functional and technical consultancy on Travelport product & services and support to drive results for both customer and Travelport.
The role is vital in maintaining competitive advantage and differentiating Travelport through the onsite support provided to the customers.
- Support new business sales, Account retention and growth through Travelport Product & Services; including Travelport API and SDK pre and post sales consulting.
- Technology assessments to understand customer requirements.
- Business/application workflow analysis and mapping in consultation with the customer allowing them to improve their workflow and achieve business objectives.
- Drive adoption of Travelport products and services.
- Full accountability and ownership of end to end delivery of the assigned customer projects. Become a trusted technical advisor and subject matter expert for the customer by developing and maintaining strong relationships with the key users and influencers.
- Understand, build and deploy Travelport value proposition per customer segmentation/sector. Provide expertise in enhancing our solutions that adversely impact customer experience with our technology and its adoption. Collaborate with right stakeholders internally in articulating customer pain points to support right prioritization and development planning.
- Close collaboration with API development, consultancy and support group to timely deliver on customer project and excellent customer service.
- Identify alternate solutions (third party, or process) in collaboration with Partner Relations team to meet customer need where we have no product, process in existence today.
• Keep it simple; We’re straightforward and easy to do business with.
• Build for tomorrow; You will challenge the norm, aim high and lead change.
You’ll be an innovator, passionate, accountable and solutions focused, not to mention adaptable, hungry for a challenge and an individual who thrives on partnering. All of these combined with the below capabilities are what will make us such a bold and compelling organization.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- 3-5 years’ experience in a technical consultancy role.
- Experience of working in a technology and /or travel related business.
- GDS functionality and Industry related work experience would be advantageous.
- Experience of working in a global matrixed organization ideally of similar size and revenue to Travelport or bigger.
- Proven track record of technical sales and target achievement.
- Must have the ability to assess and analyze situations accurately, grasping complexities and identifying key issues, applying sound judgment.
- Understanding of database structures, programming languages and Web services.
- Proven experience of Service Orientated Architecture (SOA) principles and APIs.
- Good planning and project management skills; Ability to multitask, successfully run multiple projects simultaneously and prioritize within a continuously changing environment.
- Ability to develop strong customer relationships through a collaborative, consultative, reliable and empathetic approach.
If this sounds like you, we’d love for you to get in touch.
What’s in it for you?
You will receive a competitive salary & benefits package accompanied with the opportunity to work in a fast-paced, dynamic and progressive organization that cares about its people and promotes innovation.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.