Auto req ID: 6851BR
Category: Sales & Business Development
Employee type: Regular - Full Time
Travelport is the only true travel commerce platform in the world. We are specialist solution providers and are committed to building leading technology that makes the experience of buying and managing travel continually better for the global travel and tourism industry. Come and be part of our mission to make sure that every trip is powered by Travelport.
As a part of Travelport, you can thrive in the exciting world of Travel Tech. As Solutions Manager; you’ll be joining a team that’s responsible for delivering truly innovative products that impacts our many customers and every traveler around the world.
This exciting role involves building trusted technical relationships with our customers, working hand in hand with sales teams and developers to implement best practices and improvements to customer-owned products and workflows. You’ll be the ‘go-to’ person for technical expertise across all Travelport products and services.
This role will directly contribute to the development, maintenance and evolution of the Latin America solutions portfolio which supplements core products, ensures that the needs of customers are fully satisfied whilst generating new revenue streams for the region through solutions innovation and consultancy. This role will join the region to support by way of direct participation; all regional sales initiatives, which require technical or complex solution design and support.
- Deliver innovative solutions and consultancy which remove cost, deliver value and enable business competitiveness for our customers.
- Ensure that regional solutions design is within Travelport technical strategic direction and where appropriate make recommendations for strategy change and improvement.
- Contribute to solutions innovation across Americas including the technical impact of 3rd party integration, local scripting and customization.
- Create technical approaches and frameworks to enable the design, build and delivery of solutions for customers.
- Work across all partners and stakeholders in Americas and the Central Marketing and Product organizations to ensure solutions are viable, sustainable and add commercial value to our sales.
- Contribute to all aspects of technical systems design, performance, deployment, systems management and systems maintenance.
- Recognize the geographically diverse location of the team and work in partnership with Americas and the central product teams to ensure best collaborative practice in markets.
- Conduct/participate in formal technology reviews of technical architecture and solution design.
- Liaise with other Solutions Architects on a global basis to ensure commonality of approach and optimization and re-use of technologies across Travelport.
- Ensure technology deliverables meet specified requirements, costs, timelines and quality through liaison with key stakeholders in Project Management.
- Anticipate and proactively address architectural technical risks before they become project issues.
- Adherence and compliance to internal Travelport processes and practices.
- Maintain an up to date knowledge of technical standards, development methodologies, technical trends and innovations in the industry.
- Develop, refine, and tune integrations between applications.
- Any other duties that may reasonably be required.
Come and join us, to ensure we achieve our goal, you will join us in embracing our core values:
- Be a player, not a spectator. You will take ownership and make things happen.
- Think we, not me. We are One Travelport, collaborating to succeed.
- Keep it simple. We’re straightforward and easy to do business with.
- Build for tomorrow. You will challenge the norm, aim high and lead change.
You’ll be an innovator, passionate, accountable and solutions focused, not to mention adaptable, hungry for a challenge and an individual who thrives on partnering. All of these combined with the below capabilities are what will make us such a bold and compelling organization.
Your profile should consist of:
Education and Technical Skills:
- Educated to Degree level in a Computer Science, Math, or a other technology discipline.
- 1-3 years’ experience in Technical Development/Engineering and Consultancy background.
- Good planning and project management skills.
- Good understanding of diverse technologies: operating systems, programming languages and database structures. (solid understanding of relational database design and querying concepts - data manipulation and presentation technologies, etc.)
- Proven experience of SOA (Service Orientated Architecture) principles and API’s.
- Strong Object Orientated Design experience and capability (C#, Java, .NET, WPF).
- Familiarity with version control concepts.
- Highly experienced in XML integrations.
- Solid understanding of XML – middleware – APIs in general.
- Strong customer facing communication and engagement skills.
- Fluent in Spanish and English. (Portuguese is a nice plus but not required.)
- Proactive ‘can do’ attitude.
- Able to think strategically and challenge current technical thinking.
- Excellent customer relationship management skills.
- Proven understanding of networking technologies.
- Excellent command of verbal and written English and excellent technical presentation skills.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize within a continuously changing environment.
- Able to build and maintain rapport with all levels of the organization and, where appropriate, manage stakeholders across different cultures.
- Dynamic and self-motivated with high level of energy and enthusiasm.
If this sounds like you, we’d love for you to get in touch.
What’s in it for you?
You will receive a competitive salary & benefits package accompanied with the opportunity to work in a fast-paced, dynamic and progressive organization that cares about its people and promotes innovation.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Posted: July 8, 2019