Auto req ID: 7249BR
Category: Sales & Business Development
Employee type: Regular - Full Time
Travelport are the only true travel commerce platform in the world. We are specialist solution providers and are committed to building leading technology that makes the experience of buying and managing travel continually better for the global travel and tourism industry. Come and be part of our mission to make sure that every trip is powered by Travelport…
A senior commercial role accountable for the retention and development of a specific number of allocated Tier 1, strategically important, high volume customers within the APAC region. The SAM will directly own and manage the Travelport relationship with the specified customers with the aim of retaining and growing the revenue and EBITDA generated by thoise customers for Travelport. The role will encompass establishing best practice for large strategic account development, and sharing this back into the wider Travelport APACorganisation. Tier 1 customers are crictical for Travelport, and apart from the responsibilty for a very key account set, the wider objective of this role is to create the model for how large strategic customers should be commercially managed and developed.
- Commercial accountability for a specified number of top tier customer accounts.
- Primary Agency Sales point-of-contact for the accounts and represents the organisation to the customer and the customer to the organisation.
- Develop retention and growth strategies for accounts within the portfolio proactively promoting and selling Travelport products and increase MIDT share and revenue.
- Directly responsible for the long-term customer relationship, specifically managing re-negotiation of contracts.
- Strong collaboration and matrix/dotted line team with other critical Travelport resources including but not limited to, Customer Support Managers, Search Optimisation, Project Management, Solution Consultants, Solution Developers and API support resource.
- Develop the correct account management ‘playbook’- ensuring rigorous account management practices.
- Critically the SAM should be able to ‘talk the customer’s language’- translating Travelport’s currency of segments, PNRs, etc. into the customer’s language and business metrics i.e. conversion levels, return-on-trip, margin, etc and develop an account process that supports and reflects this.
- Ensure Travelport support resources are optimised to deliver the best customer experience.
- Build senior relationships throughout the customers organisation and play a strategic role in growing their businesses.
Builds and nurtures business relationships with key decision makers.
Adopts a pro-active stance in account management, looks for new business opportunities within existing accounts and ways of overcoming competitive threats whilst maintaining Travelport profitability.
- Maintains good relationships with all key individuals within a specified number of accounts and/or within a geographically defined territory
- Responsible for mapping customer requirements to Travelport’s products and services to grow the business.
- Develops strategies and orchestrates company resources to maximise sales volume and profit goals within assigned account/territory and accordingly builds and maintains an appropriate sales plan.
- Responsible for account penetration and sales growth and manages and maintains active CRM pipeline for their account portfolio.
- Maintains complete and up to date account plans as necessary, achieving buy-in for plans with the customer.
- Build key stakeholder relationships internally at Travelport to ensure wider delivery of customer requirements.
Knowledge, Skills, Experience, Training, Education:
Educated to degree or equivalent. Minimum of three years working experience in a business to business environment.
Strong commercial skills, including ability to translate customer business requirements into definable actions
Proven sales leader - capable of negotiating mid-scale deals & interfacing at the most senior level within a customer.
Excellent communication and interpersonal skills - persuasive and capable of influencing senior stakeholders both internally and externally. Possessing high degree of self-motivation, confidence, assertiveness and an ability to respond to rapidly changing environments.
Strong commercial understanding of the Travelport business model, core drivers & technology requirements.
Strong knowledge of the travel technology landscape.
Strong functional/technical knowledge of Travelport platform.
Excellent management skills – capable of being both a sales leader but also a strong people manager
Will have a high degree of numeracy.
Must possess an overriding desire to understand, agree and meet customer needs and exceed their expectations, constantly striving to achieve customer satisfaction.
Ability to assess/analyse situations, grasping complexities and identifying issues, applying sound judgement.
Must be able to work closely across the Travelport organisation, creating a strong template for the APACregion. The SAM should also work closely with colleagues in multiple agency sales verticals / channels including the Enterprise Customer Group, Global OTA, Operators & Agency Consulting & Implementation.
Responsible for the commercial performance of the defined account base - segment production, revenue, additional revenue/services. Responsible for the cost items relating to this.
This role would operate in a matrix environment where effective relationships across a range of stakeholder groups would be vital. An ability to be credible with senior technical stakeholders would be an important aspect of the ability to influence and drive progress.
No direct management of staff is required.
What’s in it for you?
You will receive a competitive salary & benefits package accompanied with the opportunity to work in a fast-paced, dynamic and progressive organisation that cares about its people and promotes innovation.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.