Auto req ID: 6847BR
Employee type: Regular - Full Time
Senior Product Owner
Travelport are the only true travel commerce platform in the world. We are specialist solution providers and are committed to building leading technology that makes the experience of buying and managing travel continually better for the global travel and tourism industry. Come and be part of our mission to make sure that every trip is powered by Travelport…
The Senior Product Owner manages a team of Product Owners who themselves work on one (or two) Agile teams. The SPO on this project will work alongside the PM, and together, deliver the product vision and strategy. Does this sound like your next big career move?
As a Senior Product Owner at Travelport, you can thrive in the exciting world of Travel Tech.
Role & Team
You will come on board at a truly exciting time, and as a member of the Product team you will play a pivotal and crucial part in leading 2 or more scrum teams and develop a team of up to 3 product owners across 3 various products.
Regular Social events are regularly held at a team level where product teams work together to achieve extraordinary things. Our vibrant Sports & Social group also organize company-wide social events.
This Senior Product Owner role will involve…
- Carrying out the role of Product Owner on one or more teams, usually working on highly technical or complex products
- Be accountable for ensuring the right capabilities and resources are available within the Product Owner team, in terms of writing user stories, user acceptance criteria and prioritizing the team backlog.
- May also represent the interests of the business and the user on an Agile team
- Serve as functional or technical subject matter expert on complex products
- Responsible for developing own deep functional product knowledge and understanding of the technical composition of the systems that support the product set
- Acting as escalation point where required
- Implement change/transformation programs following a strategic direction
- Be Responsible for coaching, mentoring and developing the team to deliver their objectives and manage their performance as well as guiding them to achieve their personal growth aspirations
- Apply expert knowledge of Product Owner principles, techniques and practices in an ambiguous or changing environment
- Interacting with and influence multiple work groups and stakeholders within and outside of function at a senior leadership level.
- Self-directing and provide oversight/reviews of work, guidance and mentoring to others.
- Recommending modifications to existing or new ways of working and implements these
To ensure we achieve our goal, you will join us in embracing our core values;
- Be a player, not a spectator; You will take ownership and make things happen.
- Think we, not me; We are One Travelport, collaborating to succeed.
- Keep it simple; We’re straightforward and easy to do business with.
- Build for tomorrow; You will challenge the norm, aim high and lead change.
You’ll be an innovator, passionate, accountable and solutions focused, not to mention adaptable, hungry for a challenge and an individual who thrives on partnering. All of these combined with the below capabilities are what will make us such a bold and compelling organisation.
- Excellent Communication skills; a polished and confident communicator. You’re capable of understanding ambiguity, and can negotiate and influence decision making. You also have the strength to push back when needed.
- Have experience Leading multiple scrum teams to successful deliveries
- Demonstrable ability to translate business needs into requirements and define those in a written format that allows the engineering teams to align behind the product vision
- Excellent user-based requirement gathering skills - you are able to look beyond a requirements document, and understand the complexities of what’s required. You can to tease out the detail and you excel at writing user stories, and probing business logic and rules.
- Solid expertise in defining high quality agile user story documentation and business logic flows
- Tech savvy; be able to comfortably sit with Development and UI/UX teams and speak their languages
- Commercially Aware; understand the business value when proposing new features/changes for Customers and the impact decisions will have across internal teams
If this sounds like you, we’d love for you to get in touch.
What’s in it for you?
You will receive a competitive salary & benefits package accompanied with the opportunity to work in a fast-paced, dynamic and progressive organisation that cares about its people and promotes innovation.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.