Auto req ID: 6376BR
Category: Sales & Business Development
Employee type: Regular - Full Time
Job Summary/ Purpose Statement
Travelport is the only true travel commerce platform in the world. We are specialist solution providers and are committed to building leading technology that makes the experience of buying and managing travel continually better for the global travel and tourism industry. Come and be part of our mission to make sure that every trip is powered by Travelport…
Are you looking for a role where you can get plugged in and prosper in a dynamic environment? Do you feel passionate about providing multiple executives support? If so, then Travelport could be the place for you!
As a Strategic Account Director (TMC), you can thrive in the exciting world of Travel Tech. Your primary responsibility is to develop and execute a regional sales & strategic plan within the overall US Agency Commerce. The other prime responsibility is to build and maintain excellent business relationships with the accounts under your portfolio at a mid to senior level with other influencers of the account region. It is important to be able to map out these relationships and cultivate them.
The Account Director should be an experienced sales leader, and thus should set a shining example of how to strategically handle a small number of very important customers. They will have excellent relationships at the highest levels within their customers and be regarded as almost an outsourced member of the customer’s leadership team. The Account Director should be capable of driving the customer’s strategic imperatives as well as simply owning the day-to-day…in fact they should be spending 2/3 of their time ‘building the future’ for their customers, and 1/3 ‘handling the present’. They must combine charisma and presence with string organizational skills, and the ability to strategize, craft and deliver a credible business plan for their customers
The Account Director should be an industry expert- capable of demonstrating the knowledge to effectively consult and add true value to a customer’s business. They should be a subject matter expert on key industry topics able to contribute to conversations at Customer Advisory Boards and similar events.
Whilst not a ‘technical’ resource, the Account Director should have a strong grasp of the functional and technical principles of the Travelport platform and the travel technology world, thus allowing them to appear knowledgeable and able to support at multi-levels within a customer.
Whilst an ‘individual contributor’, their relationships at senior levels within Travelport should be excellent, allowing them to effectively mobilize resources
A strong Account Director will be among Travelport’s top global sales leaders
- Responsible for retaining existing business in the portfolio and ensuring the financial performance of the portfolio is in line with contractual expectation. This includes providing accurate revenue and cost forecasting, along with ensuring any required accruals are identified with both the Commercial Director and finance teams.
- Responsible for leveraging incremental business from this customer portfolio by recognizing new opportunities, qualifying each opportunity, making recommendations and acting upon them.
- Works with the various customer support teams to drive “Corporate” initiatives.
- Works closely with their Corporate Strategic Development partner” and with the Commercial Solutions and Consultancy Team to ensure best result for Travelport GDS.
- Help Create when applicable a Corporate pipeline which is aligned with the Customer’s growth and expansion plans.
Assists US VP and GM of Sales with:
- Managing account profitability through segment retention, cost of sale and FA.
- Works with Finance to ensure accurate segment forecast, FA payments, market share percentages, billing for customer/region.
- Defining the strategic 5-year plan for the account
- Organizing and implementing technical reviews at least every 8 months with the account
- Implementing the Technical Sprints with the account
- Driving the strategic yearly meeting with the account
- Minimum of 12 years account management experience either in a sales or support environment, with at least 8 years in negotiating 10Mo+ value contracts.
- Ability to assess and analyze situations accurately, grasping complexities, identifying key issues and applying sound judgement.
- Must possess an overriding desire to understand, agree and meet customer needs whilst ensuring customer contractual obligations are met.
- Strong interpersonal skills, possessing a high degree of self-motivation, confidence and assertiveness.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills: written, verbal, and presentation.
- Excellent influencing skills.
- Ability to adapt approach across a matrixed organization.
- Travelling, including overnight stays will be an integral part of the role
- Collaborative and Creative environment
- Embracing constant change in the name of improvement of products and services
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
More than 10 years