Auto req ID: 7280BR
Employee type: Regular - Full Time
Travelport is the only true travel commerce platform in the world. We are specialist solution providers and are committed to building leading technology that makes the experience of buying and managing travel continually better for the global travel and tourism industry. Come and be part of our mission to make sure that every trip is powered by Travelport…
Are you looking for a role where you can get plugged in and prosper in a varied environment? Do you feel passionate about providing multiple executive support? If so, then we could be the place for you
As a Systems Engineer at Travelport, you can thrive in the exciting world of Travel Tech.
Job Summary/ Purpose Statement:
- To architect, design, plan, implement, administer, control, and provide comprehensive support and optimization of the IBM zOS, zVM, and zLinux mainframe peripheral sub-systems (TAPE/DASD). Provide leadership in designing storage solutions that may affect storage components of zTPF, zOS, zVM, and zLinux projects while understanding the impact on each adjacent infrastructure, including our Disaster Recovery environment.
- Provides high level technical leadership and support in the design, implementation, and administration of
storage hardware and the associated management software.
- Able to understand highly complex storage infrastructures and has the ability to design, deploy and manage
- Champions needs of customer community and enhancing user experience as related to storage performance
- Acts as technical point of contact (SME) for the zEnterprise Storage platform
- Manage over 825 TB of DASD Storage and over 4.1 PB of TAPE/VTS Storage
- 2 year college degree (preferably in IT) or equivalent experience.
- 2-5 plus years IT experience with recent storage hardware and software experience and zSeries Enterprise storage technologies.
- Broad technical skills in zSeries Enterprise storage hardware (IBM DASD and IBM VTS) and associated software.
- Self-motivated with the ability to multi-task and embrace an ever-changing environment, competing priorities, and high expectations
- Must have a bias for action, be results oriented and have a proven track record of success
- Technical expertise in the following areas is preferred:
- Storage management experience with virtual tape for mainframe systems (IBM TS7760/40/20, RMM)
- Storage management experience for mainframe DASD (IBM DS8x00, FlashCopy, PPRC, Hyperswap/Metro Mirror, GLOBAL Copy, TDMF)
- Accountability for enforcement of storage rules and standards, monitoring DASD/Tape usage, insuring data integrity and maintaining catalogues, and the routines of z/OS storage backup, archive, migration, restore, compression, idle space release, management reporting, and DASD conversion and/or movement.
- Considerable experience in the use and/or administration of the following software:\
- IBM utilities, DFP, DFDSS, SMS, HSM, RMM, CA-PDSMAN, DIF/ACC/SRS, and Catalog Recovery Plus.
- BVIR Reporting
- CSM User Interface
- Backup and recovery of z/OS and zVM systems for business continuity and Disaster Recovery testing.
- Project Management skillset desired for use in the Data Storage Management area
- This position requires a large degree of interaction with peers, senior management, other Travelport groups and/or external customers.
- Work extremely close with the zTPF community and their TAPE and DASD Storage environment.
- Proficient writing, speaking, and interpersonal skills to work with internal and external customers. Strong
ability to work with vendors to design and implement solutions.
- General office environment, except during periods of travel, if required.
- Able to work effectively with peers in other geographical locations.
- Able to work effectively in a 24 x 7 x 365 support organization
- Required 24 x 7 x 365 on-call support
What’s in it for you?
You will receive a competitive salary & benefits package accompanied with the opportunity to work in a fast-paced, dynamic and progressive organisation that cares about its people and promotes innovation.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.