Auto req ID: 7440BR
Employee type: Regular - Full Time
Travelport is the only true travel commerce platform in the world. We are specialist solution providers and are committed to building leading technology that makes the experience of buying and managing travel continually better for the global travel and tourism industry. Come and be part of our mission to make sure that every trip is powered by Travelport…
Are you looking for a role where you can get plugged in and prosper in a dynamic environment? Do you feel passionate about providing multiple executive support? If so, then we could be the place for you.
As a Lead Automation QA Engineer, you can thrive in the exciting world of Travel Tech.
The desired senior level candidate will promote QA best practices and standards in all aspects of the QA function, to include test preparation, test execution, reporting and the use of QM tools. The expectation is that this individual will be a key contributor in defining and implementing quality solutions as prescribed by industry best practices within the assigned Value Stream of the business.
Areas of responsibility are as follows:
- Key contributor in the transition from traditional quality-assurance testing to QA in Agile environment: embedding the testing engineers within the development teams, ongoing testing as part of SDLC and focusing on automation.
- Ensuring the teams (Scrum Teams) implement and follow best practices to prevent defects as prescribed by the SAFe model
- Facilitation of inter-team communication across many agile projects within an organization
- Providing leadership for all QA engineers within area of responsibility, setting objectives, training, scheduling, coaching, communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, appraising; enforcing policies and procedures.
- Facilitating the communication in development for all software quality aspects; enforcing policies, standards and procedures to keep quality.
- Responsible for determining product quality requirements and making sure that they are met; defining performance requirements and constantly monitoring that they are met and kept; taking responsibility of defining the metrics for quality assurance and constantly monitor and report these metrics. Take initiatives whenever these metrics are not met.
- Assessing product requirements, make sure that they are met and that there is a testing plan for each requirement.
- Responsible for the QA assessment process including approving releases (Review, validate, and approve QA assessments)
- Key contributor in the transition to automation and leveraging operations for creating automated systems for: automatically regression testing the critical areas in the code, automation of deployments and new development content validation.
- Presenting an aggregate view of testing utilization to management
- Assuring accuracy of data to support Managed Service KPI and SLAs.
- Ensuring appropriate level of testing is conducted and documented, traceable and automated
- Reviewing designs and assuring resiliency, maintainability, operability are built within
- Ensuring and validating collaboration with shared resources including: Automation COE, Performance COE, and the Security team
- Ensuring defect management and quality policy are adhered for change management approvals, logging approval within the change management tool
- Quality requirements including but not limited to functional, non-functional, UAT, performance, load, regression, end to end, release and solution testing
- Managing Contractors including monitoring and validating timesheet entry, project allocation, and ensuring timesheet timelines are met.
- Ensuring test cases are written during the design phase to support test driven development. Encouraging alignment to the code quality definitions.
- Validating security and code scans are being executing in sprint, validated by teams and defects resolved.
- Owns complete incident response cycle ensuring that a Quality Incident Report (QIR) is created and posted appropriately including the management of a ‘Get Well’ plan
- Training, facilitating and consulting other QAs and other team members and ensuring QA best practices are established
- Providing personal support and mentorship for other testers
Qualifications and skills:
- 6 years of experience in software quality-assurance
- Recent (the past 2 years) hands on experience in QA testing and QA automation testing.
- Proven and recent experience in QA in an Agile environment, including on agile tools such as JIRA, Rally.
- Good ability to oversee the big picture of software products, assess product requirements and plan for quality test coverage of product requirements.
- Very good analytical skills for finding creative ways of identifying software product defects.
- Strong focus on details and data analysis.
- Methodological and precise with high capabilities in maintaining and monitoring quality processes.
- SAFe certifications and/or test automation background is a big plus.
What’s in it for you?
You will receive a competitive salary & benefits package accompanied with the opportunity to work in a fast-paced, dynamic and progressive organization that cares about its people and promotes innovation.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.