Auto req ID: 6834BR
Employee type: Regular - Full Time
Technical Optimization Consultant – Hong Kong
We're looking for an enthusiastic and talented Technical Optimization Consultant (often referred to as a solution engineer) to join our Technology Optimization team based in our Hong Kong office.
The Technology Optimization team build trusted, technical relationships with our key customers throughout the region to enhance their API and Search implementations for optimal performance, maximizing customer efficiency, productivity and revenue contribution. We work with our customers on all stages of their lifecycle, including onboarding and ongoing optimization consultancy, providing both support and insights as they migrate to new markets, business channels and services.
The Technology Optimization team represents the voice of our customers within Travelport and champions their needs within our product and development organizations. This team has established themselves as the Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) on our portfolio of API and Search product offerings and are leveraged internally within the global Travelport business as such.
- Work collaboratively within the region and Technical Optimization team to ensure ongoing customer engagements align with key commercial objectives and deliver business value for Travelport and our customers.
- Act as a consultant during the onboarding of new customers, conduct full technical and business discoveries ensuring that our Search and API solutions meet our customer expectations.
- Plan and execute regular engagement with existing key customers to maintain and enhance relationships. Work on both tactical and retention optimization activities such as; end to end workflow recommendations, content result analysis, strategic business reviews etc.
- Provide requirements and solution context to our central technology delivery teams for global implementation.
Knowledge, Skills, Experience, Training, Education:
The job holder should:
- Be educated to at least Degree level in a business or IT related area; or have 5+ years of relevant solutions engineering or consultancy experience.
- Native-level proficiency and language skills in English is required; additionally, Mandarin, Japanese and Cantonese are strongly preferred.
- Have experience working in a customer-facing technical role, more typically known as a solutions or sales engineer, ideally delivering APIs & Web Services.
- Understand common internet protocols such as SOAP and REST, along with a working knowledge of structured data, i.e. XML structures and/or EDIFACT.
- Have sound analytical skills; be able to identify key issues and information in complex situations, problem solve and reach out to the appropriate experts within the team and the company to find solutions.
- Command excellent verbal and written communication skills; be confident and confidence inspiring in dealing with any level of an organization, internal or external. Ability to present ideas and plans in a formal, yet approachable manner, not afraid to make decisions and course correct.
- Have exceptional interpersonal skills to effectively interact and collaborate at all levels both tactfully and diplomatically, yet assertively. Willingness to reach across and up within the organization to gain an understanding of specific customer sensitivities and focus.
- Be self-motivated and motivating, able to work productively despite tight deadlines and challenging circumstances. Must be proactive and inquisitive.
- Ability to challenge current operational thinking and propose improvements affecting the software, the team’s productivity and the customer experience.
- Commercially astute and able to evaluate revenue potential against operational cost.
- Have experience with and high degree of comfort working with cross cultural and international teams across multiple time zones.
- Be accountable for their own learning and self-development, able to attain product proficiency and deep technical understanding within Travelport Search and API products.
Ideally, the job holder would also have:
- Working knowledge of BI reporting tools such as QlikView, PowerBI, Excel, Cognos is desirable.
- Experience in application configuration changes and software development using languages such as VB, C#, Java, PHP and SQL are advantageous.
- Knowledge or experience working with (travel) APIs, preferably Travelport’s GWS, XML Pro or UAPI. Additionally, experience with one of the Travelport GDS Systems (Apollo, Galileo or Worldspan) would be valuable.
- A knowledge of (or strong desire to learn) competitors’ operational activities and product offerings in this area (Amadeus and Sabre), and an ability to speak of the differentiators intelligently would be a bonus
- Must be able to travel 20-40% of the time throughout the region, International travel will be required.