Auto req ID: 7349BR
Employee type: Regular - Full Time
Technical Optimisation Consultant
Are you a hardworking and passionate Technical Optimisation Consultant?
You, alongside the team, will build trusted, technical relationships with our key customers throughout the region to improve their API & Search implementations for efficient performance, improving customer efficiency, productivity and revenue contribution. We work with our customers on all stages of their lifecycle, including onboarding and ongoing optimisation consultancy, providing both support and insights as they migrate to new markets, business channels and services.
The Technology Optimisation team represents the voice of our customers within Travelport and champions their needs within our product and development organizations. This team has established themselves as the Domain Experts (SMEs) on our portfolio of API and Search product offerings and are utilised internally within the global Travelport business as such.
- Work closely within the region and Technical Optimisation team to ensure ongoing customer engagements align with key commercial objectives and deliver business value for Travelport and our customers.
- Plan and execute regular engagement with existing key customers to maintain and improve relationships. Work on both tactical and retention optimisation activities such as; end to end workflow recommendations, content result analysis, strategic business reviews etc.
- Provide requirements and solution context to our central technology delivery teams for global implementation.
What we're looking for in you:
- Have experience working in a customer-facing technical role, more typically known as a solutions or sales engineer, ideally delivering APIs & Web Services.
- Understand common internet protocols such as SOAP and REST, along with a working knowledge of structured data, i.e. XML structures and/or EDIFACT.
- Command excellent verbal and written communication skills; be confident and confidence encouraging in dealing with any level of an organization, internal or external. Ability to clearly communicate ideas and plans in a formal, yet approachable manner, not afraid to make decisions and course accurate.
- Have outstanding interpersonal skills to effectively interact and collaborate at all levels both tactfully and diplomatically, yet assertively. Willingness to reach across and up within the organization to gain an understanding of specific customer sensitivities and focus.
- Be self-motivated and motivating, able to work productively despite tight deadlines and challenging circumstances. Must be proactive and inquisitive.
- Ability to challenge current operational thinking and propose improvements affecting the software, the team’s productivity and the customer experience.
- Commercially astute and able to evaluate revenue potential against operational cost.
- Have experience with and high degree of comfort working with cross cultural and international teams across multiple time zones.
- Be accountable for their own learning and self-development, able to attain product proficiency and deep technical understanding within Travelport Search and API products.
Ideally, you would also have:
- Knowledge of BI reporting tools such as QlikView, PowerBI, Excel, Cognos is desirable.
- Experience in application configuration changes and software development using languages such as VB, C#, Java, PHP and SQL are advantageous.
- Knowledge or experience working with (travel) APIs, preferably Travelport’s GWS, XML Pro or UAPI. Additionally, experience with one of the Travelport GDS Systems (Apollo, Galileo or Worldspan) would be valuable.
What’s in it for you!
You will receive a competitive salary & benefits package accompanied by the opportunity to work in a fast-paced, dynamic and progressive organisation that cares about its people and promotes innovation.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.