Auto req ID: 6347BR
Employee type: Regular - Full Time
*JD template attached*
Travelport are the only true travel commerce platform in the world. We are specialist
solution providers and are committed to building leading technology that makes the
experience of buying and managing travel continually better for the global travel and tourism
industry. Come and be part of our mission to make sure that every trip is powered by
Would you like to lead one of our scrum and provide personal and team leadership - helping
them to be a happy and productive team that can deliver to a high quality and continually
improve? Are you willing to work directly with customers, understanding their issues and
helping to prioritise their requirements? if so, then we could be the place for you.
As a Tech Team Lead at Travelport, you can thrive in the exciting world of Travel Tech.
Role & Team
You will come on board at a truly exciting time, and as a member of the Technology – Customer
Facing Team, you will play a pivotal and crucial part in influencing the entire team, full
understanding of the ‘system’, what are the inputs and deliverables and the challenges to be
dealt with along the way.
• A strong team with good interpersonal relationships
• They have fun together and socialize around lunch and coffee time, the odd evening
• Strong senior people that are very capable within their roles
This Tech Team Lead role will involve
• Manage a scrum team of developers and QA Engineers
• Work with the project manager, development manager and the team to ensure
bottlenecks are resolved and sprint goals are efficiently met
• Ensure that the whole team are delivering to high standards and are open to change and
• Line Management
o Set and evaluate goals, conduct performance reviews, conduct regular 1-1
o Identify skill gaps and training needs
• Work with Project Management and Product Management teams on release planning
• Be the “go to” person for any of your team’s development/technical queries
• You will own the technical solution throughout its entirety- “think it, build it, test it, ship
it, support it”
• Collaborate with our Architecture and other development teams
Come and join us…
To ensure we achieve our goal, you will join us in embracing our core values;
• Be a player, not a spectator; You will take ownership and make things happen.
• Think we, not me; We are One Travelport, collaborating to succeed.
• Keep it simple; We’re straightforward and easy to do business with.
• Build for tomorrow; You will challenge the norm, aim high and lead change.
You’ll be an innovator, passionate, accountable and solutions focused, not to mention
adaptable, hungry for a challenge and an individual who thrives on partnering. All of these
combined with the below capabilities are what will make us such a bold and compelling
• Be a Problem Solver. Technical, process or personal problems - anything impacting the
• Lead a team: have the ability to inspire and motivate, to improve quality and
productivity, maintaining technical innovation and excellence
• You will have one of the following:
o Deep expertise in writing and deploying scalable and robust code, preferably
with strong Java, native mobile, or web experience.
o Deep expertise in testing and delivering complex solutions, preferably in a
mobile or web environment
• Excellent experience in an Agile (preferably Scrum) environment essential.
• Familiarity with design patterns/test patterns and methodologies
• Display high standards, good attention to detail and a methodological work process
(lead by example).
• Good verbal and written communication skills with the ability to talk in technical and
If this sounds like you, we’d love for you to get in touch.
What’s in it for you?
You will receive a competitive salary & benefits package accompanied with the opportunity to
work in a fast-paced, dynamic and progressive organisation that cares about its people and
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not
discriminate based on race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age,
marital status, veteran status, or disability status.