Auto req ID: 7116BR
Category: Sales & Business Development
Employee type: Regular - Full Time
Role & Team
You will come on board at a truly exciting time, and as a member of the Sales team, you are responsible for obtain new business from small to medium sized agencies with the overall objective to grow revenue. The role will focus on identifying, qualifying, driving and ultimately closing opportunities over the telephone. Developing high value relationships both with customers and internally; identifying and defining customer needs, articulating Travelport value proposition, differentiating from the competition and ultimately positioning Travelport as a strategic technology partner.
This role will involve
- Pro-actively research, identify and target prospective business and new revenues opportunities through the use of an existing and growing network of relevant contacts in order to develop and maintain a new business sales plan within a market or account portfolio
- Create and maintain a sales pipeline of qualified opportunities within the designated market or portfolio of accounts
- Convey the message that Travelport is a technology solutions provider, offering customer focused and cost effective value add solutions, mapping customer requirements to Travelport’s products and services
- Proactively engage with prospects or customers over the telephone in order to fully understand their business needs and identify and create new business opportunities, developing a strong business relationships with key decision makers and influencers
- Work with the Telesales Account Manager as necessary to support the business development process to maximise expertise and knowledge sharing, through the provision of accurate and up to date information relating to the generation of leads, management of prospects, generation of proposals and the raising of orders
- Work with NBI, API Support and Provisioning ensuring that the handover of new accounts is carried out in an organised and effective manner
- Liaise with other internal departments as required (e.g. Product, Sales Operations, Legal, Finance and Marketing) to ensure smooth running of all customer interactions
- Able to devise creative opportunities which will open the door for Travelport products and services i.e. utilising new/non-GDS products to create non-traditional revenues.
- Contribute competitor intelligence to the Marketing team
- Develop & participate in sales campaigns that identify and address customer business issues
- Ensure full compliance with all internal processes and sales operations including the use of CRM in line with company guidelines
Come and join us…
To ensure we achieve our goal, you will join us in embracing our core values;
- Be a player, not a spectator; You will take ownership and make things happen.
- Think we, not me; We are One Travelport, collaborating to succeed.
- Keep it simple; We’re straightforward and easy to do business with.
- Build for tomorrow; You will challenge the norm, aim high and lead change.
You’ll be an innovator, passionate, accountable and solutions focused, not to mention adaptable, hungry for a challenge and an individual who thrives on partnering. All of these combined with the below capabilities are what will make us such a bold and compelling organization.
- Ability to value sell through identifying customer requirement and mapping to Travelport solutions
- A high degree of commercial acumen and highly developed, proven business development skills
- Strong achievement against sales targets
- Experience of customer sales and/or customer service environments.
- Proven customer engagement skills, particularly over the telephone
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, possessing a high degree of self-motivation, confidence, assertiveness and an ability to respond to rapidly changing environments.
- Will be flexible, creative and an original thinker.
- Self-starter with ability to apply initiative and make objective decisions around opportunity qualification
- Proven ability to engage influence and persuade the customer
- Good degree of numeracy required.
- Well organised with sound planning and prioritisation skills
- Experience of Travelport/GDS products an advantage.
- Must be able to manage time effectively, work with minimum supervision and be a team player.
- Committed to excellence and must possess reserves of energy, enthusiasm and a positive approach.
- Proficient in using a CRM system
- Integrity and honesty, a good level of business and commercial awareness.
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Excellent organization and time management
- Multi-lingual capability is an advantage
If this sounds like you, we’d love for you to get in touch.