Auto req ID: 7366BR
Employee type: Regular - Full Time
Travelport is the only true travel commerce platform in the world. We are specialist solution providers and are committed to building leading technology that makes the experience of buying and managing travel continually better for the global travel and tourism industry. Come and be part of our mission to make sure that every trip is powered by Travelport…
Travelport is focused on providing distribution, technology, payment and other solutions for the $8 trillion global travel and tourism industry. Our platform enables travel providers, travel agencies, corporations and developers to search, share, buy and sell travel.
Role & Team:
You will come on board at a truly exciting time, as VP of Infrastructure Engineering you will have leadership over all Computer Services, Storage Engineering, Cloud Engineering, and Hosting. Reporting to the Chief Information Officer where you will be a key owner in figuring out strategic direction for IaaS, PaaS, Cloud, and New Technologies.
This leadership role will involve…
- Designing and delivering future state view of Travelport PaaS/IaaS service offerings and scope.
- Seeing opportunities and planning implementation of automation/machine intelligence opportunities for PaaS/IaaS DevOps offering.
- Delivering tools, processes, and incentives needed to open communication channel between members of the PaaS/IaaS community.
- Provide development organization a full-service PaaS/IaaS offering for Greenfield, Brownfield, and Legacy platforms.
- Provide services to help LOB/Platform services fulfil the application development and maintenance process through coordinated runtimes and tools.
- Lead and direct problem identification, system architecture definition, software specification and design, testing, and deployment of complex open source solutions.
- Collaborate with Key Stakeholders (Architecture, Platform Services, Supplier Relationship Management, Software Vendors, Security & Compliance).
- Work closely with sales organization and services teams throughout the customer engagement life cycle, ensure customer commitments match service capabilities and contractual obligations.
- Lead and develop cost savings plan across the Global Technology Services organization.
- Demonstrate ability to communicate complex and technical issues to diverse audiences across Travelport, both verbally and in writing, in an easy to understood and actionable manner.
- Lead transformation activities by being a change agent within Travelport.
- Works in partnership with Travelport’s executive leaders on all Global Technology Services (GTS)
- Strategic initiatives and to continuously improve GTS policies, standards and procedures by anticipating issues, providing advice and sharing knowledge and standard methodologies.
- Accountable for business unit budget for all CAPEX/OPEX expenses.
- Provide direct oversight of Directors coordinating Compute Services, Storage Engineering, Cloud Engineering, and Hosting.
- Develop and communicate interpersonal objectives; encourage and motivate team members to achieve results.
- Build interpersonal talent by crafting a learning environment that ensures employees realize their highest potential.
- Guide team in delivering high quality software that achieves their business goals, as well as mentoring individuals and ensuring they grow along their chosen career path.
Come and join us…
To ensure we achieve our goal, you will join us in embracing our core values;
- Be a player, not a spectator; You will take ownership and make things happen.
- Think we, not me; We are One Travelport, collaborating to succeed.
- Keep it simple; We’re straightforward and easy to do business with.
- Build for tomorrow; You will challenge the norm, aim high and lead change.
You’ll be an innovator, passionate, accountable and solutions-focused, not to mention adaptable, hungry for a challenge and an individual who thrives on partnering. All of these combined with the below capabilities are what will make us such an ambitious and compelling organization.
- 10+ years of progressively responsible technical experience.
- 7+ years of management in an IaaS, PaaS, Mainframe (TPF) or Cloud Computing environment.
- 5+ years in the travel/airline industry in a large global organization.
- Remains abreast of developments in the field by participating in professional organizations.
- Demonstrates working knowledge of ITIL (Information Technology Infrastructure Library) principles and structure.
- Experience in leading change/transformation in a large-scaled environment.
- Demonstrates advanced communication skills, multi-functional collaboration, problem solving, and conflict resolution.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field (or equivalent combination of education and experience).
If this sounds like you, we’d love for you to get in touch.
What’s in it for you...
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.