Auto req ID: 7315BR
Employee type: Regular - Full Time
Travelport is the only true travel commerce platform in the world. We are specialist solution providers and are committed to building leading technology that makes the experience of buying and managing travel continually better for the global travel and tourism industry. Come and be part of our mission to make sure that every trip is powered by Travelport…
Role & Team
You will come on board at a truly exciting time, and as a leader of the Product Management team, you will play a pivotal and crucial part in leading a team responsible for delivering and building Travelport’s products.
This leadership role will involve…
- Leading, developing and executing long term product vision, strategy, and roadmaps for the entire Partner Suite of products.
- Managing a team of 30+ product managers, product owners and analysts who capture, define, prioritize, and work alongside technology to design and deliver experiences that drive ‘content-in’ across air, hotel, car, and rail.
- Defining and executing a clear product strategy to connect our travel partners (airlines, hotels, car hire companies, and rail providers) into the Travelport platform in a successful and efficient manner while driving high levels of engagement (NPS) from those customers
- Working closely with the 3 other Product Management Pillar leads in the areas of Travel Performance (core platform for search, price and booking as well as agency API’s), Travel Experience (travel applications/User Interfaces: agency and traveler), as well as Travel Intelligence (data analytics) to ensure that the overall Travelport Product Management strategy is aligned to deliver maximum benefit for Travelport as a whole.
- Taking responsibility and being accountable for the supplier areas of hotel, car hire, and rail to define a clear merchandising and retailing strategy for these partners with a particular focus on driving incremental bookings in these areas off of the core air booking through cross-sell strategies utilizing data, AI and traveler engagement tools.
Come and join us…
To ensure we achieve our goal, you will join us in embracing our core values;
- Be a player, not a spectator; You will take ownership and make things happen.
- Think we, not me; We are One Travelport, collaborating to succeed.
- Keep it simple; We’re straightforward and easy to do business with.
- Build for tomorrow; You will challenge the norm, aim high and lead change.
You’ll be an innovator, passionate, accountable and solutions-focused, not to mention adaptable, hungry for a challenge and an individual who thrives on partnering. All of these combined with the below capabilities are what will make us such an ambitious and compelling organization.
- 10+ years’ experience of directly managing product teams at a large global tech organization with delivery budgets more than $40m USD; further 5+ years working in product/technology roles.
- Knowledge of Travel Distribution and Travel Industry essential; along with a desire to increase this knowledge and be able to develop product strategy to win in this industry. An understanding however of how to bring excellence in execution and new ideas from other industries is also essential.
- Proven track record of delivering great customer experiences; understanding of the needs of marketplace or eCommerce environment beneficial (e.g. amazon, Booking.com, Facebook, eBay)
- Experience in delivering global products across multiple regions with a background of incorporating localization needs.
- Experience of using data and analytics to drive decisions essential; needs to be able to demonstrate confidence working with data.
- Experience of working with design agencies and/or internal CX and UX design teams. Ability to understand and can contribute to great design through a desire to keep on-top of CX, UX and UI trends.
- Undergraduate level qualification essential; Master level qualifications useful.
If this sounds like you, we’d love for you to get in touch.
What’s in it for you...
You will receive a competitive salary & benefits package accompanied by the opportunity to work in a fast-paced, dynamic and progressive organization that cares about its people and promotes innovation.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.