Auto req ID: 7111BR
Employee type: Regular - Full Time
Travelport is the only true travel commerce platform in the world. We are specialist solution providers and are committed to building leading technology that makes the experience of buying and managing travel continually better for the global travel and tourism industry. Come and be part of our mission to make sure that every trip is powered by Travelport.
As an API Support Analyst, you’ll be joining a team that’s responsible for delivering truly innovative solutions that impacts our many customers and travelers around the world.
You will come on board at a truly exciting time, and as a member of the Global Solutions Delivery team; you will play a pivotal and crucial part in building trusted technical relationships with our customers, working hand in hand with developers to implement best practices and improvements to customer-owned application software and API-powered workflows. You’ll be the ‘go-to’ person for domain expertise across API products and services, covering all aspects of searching, booking, ticketing and servicing of airline, hotel and car rental products.
Come and join us! To ensure we achieve our goal, you will join us in embracing our core values:
- Be a player, not a spectator. You will take ownership and make things happen.
- Think we, not me. We are One Travelport, collaborating to succeed.
- Keep it simple. We’re straightforward and easy to do business with.
- Build for tomorrow. You will challenge the norm, aim high and lead change.
You’ll be an innovator, passionate, accountable and solutions focused, not to mention adaptable, hungry for a challenge and an individual who thrives on partnering. All of these combined with the below capabilities are what will make us such a bold and compelling organization.
So, what kind of person are we looking for?
Your background will consist of…
- Bachelor's Degree level in engineering or another technical subject; computer science degrees preferred.
- 3 - 5 years of relevant technical or IT experience, preferably as a Software Developer or IT Analyst.
- Experience of working with travel technology is preferred. Knowledge of GDS; ideally gained with Worldspan/Galileo/Apollo.
- Knowledge of API products, functionality and utilization. Have knowledge of Viewpoint, structured data and API interfaces.
- Experience with various operating systems engineering - (installs, troubleshooting files, directories, etc.).
- Understand common internet protocols such as SOAP and HTTP.
- Have working knowledge of structured data, i.e. XML structures and/or EDIFACT.
- Have familiarity with programming languages such as VB, C++, Java or .Net.
- Experience using debugging tools to aid problem resolution.
- Must be flexible to travel. Some travel may be required in the job.
- Written and verbal language skills in English, Spanish and Portuguese required.
You will possess the following soft skills…
- Analytical and self-motivated.
- Strong customer relationship engagement and development experience.
- Excellent Communications skills. We target candidates that have a strong ability to communicate and explain their ideas at all levels.
- Have experience of working with cross cultural and international teams and across multiple time zones.
If this sounds like you, we’d love for you to get in touch.
What’s in it for you?
You will receive a competitive salary & benefits package accompanied with the opportunity to work in a fast-paced, dynamic and progressive organization that cares about its people and promotes innovation.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.