Auto req ID: 7161BR
Employee type: Fixed Term Contractor - Full Time
Want to join a collaborative team that is at the heart of an organisation?
Love working with spreadsheets and have great attention to detail?
Sound like it might be the one? Then we could be the place for you.
As a Finance Specialist at Travelport, you can thrive in the exciting world of Travel Tech!
Travelport are the only true travel commerce platform in the world. We are specialist solution providers and are committed to building leading technology that makes the experience of buying and managing travel continually better for the global travel and tourism industry. Come and be part of our mission to make sure that every trip is powered by Travelport…
Role & team
You will come on board at a truly exciting time, and as a member of the Finance Operations team, you will play a pivotal and crucial part in providing billing support for all products and services supplied by Travelport companies. Over 97% of all revenue and 65% of all cost of revenue is transacted from this team and you will be responsible for the billing and sales ledger administration for a set of countries.
This dynamic role will involve...
- Reviewing trial and final bills
- Providing accurate feedback to other teams regarding changes required to correct billing
- Preparing manual billing
- Ensuring the invoice layout and format are correct
- Distribution of billing documents in line with timetable
- Communicating/reviewing items with the sales teams and Business Partners Group to resolve queries that will enable the collection of debt arising as a result of invoice disputes
Sales Ledger Responsibilities 25%
- Balance sheet reconciliations
- To assist with audit queries on request
General AR 20%
- Month analysis of the revenue and to provide explanation of variances
- Support the Senior Finance Analyst Revenue & Billing and team as required
Come and join us…
To ensure we achieve our goal, you will join us in embracing our core values;
- Be a player, not a spectator; You will take ownership and make things happen.
- Think we, not me; We are One Travelport, collaborating to succeed.
- Keep it simple; We’re straightforward and easy to do business with.
- Build for tomorrow; You will challenge the norm, aim high and lead change.
You’ll be an innovator, passionate, accountable and solutions focused, not to mention adaptable, hungry for a challenge and an individual who thrives on partnering. All of these combined with the below capabilities are what will make us such an ambitious and compelling organisation.
- Basic Accounting knowledge
- IT literate, with a good working knowledge of software packages including Excel and Word
- Ability to establish, follow, recommend and monitor new processes/procedures
- Excellent team working ability
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with an ability to build effective relationships with other departments to ensure administration processes satisfy their needs – e.g., accounting, audit, internal systems, group and customer satisfaction
- Excellent time management, organization and multi tasking skills
If this sounds like you, we’d love for you to get in touch!
What’s in it for you...
You will receive a competitive salary & benefits package accompanied by the opportunity to work in a fast-paced, dynamic and progressive organisation that cares about its people and promotes innovation.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status