Auto req ID: 6736BR
Kategorie: Business Strategy
Employee type: Regular - Full Time
Travelport are the only true travel commerce platform in the world. We are specialist solution providers and are committed to building leading technology that makes the experience of buying and managing travel continually better for the global travel and tourism industry. Come and be part of our mission to make sure that every trip is powered by Travelport…
Are you looking for an opportunity to develop yourself further within a Corporate environment?
Are you passionate about new opportunities and embrace change? If so, then we could be the place for you.
As our Commercial Development & Strategy Director at Travelport, you can thrive in the exciting world of Travel Tech.
About your new Role & Team
You will come on board at a truly exciting time, you will play a pivotal and crucial part in researching, validating and developing our commercial strategies.
As Commercial Development and Strategy Director, you will be involved with…
- Maintain project pipelines through identifying, scoping and prioritising projects/initiatives that support the growth strategy, collect and analyse required information to allow prioritisation of opportunities. You will define and drive project work plans for the revenue lines and gain commitment to initiatives per the project pipeline
- Strategy and Planning: Defining the strategy and creating detailed implementation planning including analysis of competitors, market & customer requirements, customer satisfaction levels, and segmentation and market trends
- Business Modelling: Establish new models and go to market approaches to drive improvement in performance
- Project Management: Leading the execution of the strategic plan for a limited period to get the initiative up and running before handing it off as business as usual
- Maintain Travelport as the leader with vision by monitoring and analysing industry developments and competitor activity and presenting our position actively
- Challenge the status quo in areas such as commercial business models, sales strategies and customer engagement strategies
- Identify and support the commercial negotiations with strategic and/or tactical partners to ensure Travelport´s existing product offering is complemented to ensure optimal market penetration
- Maintain a highly visible presence with the Travel Partners leadership team and the wider organisation by creating and messaging the strategic plans creating the support and excitement needed to win
Come and join us…
To ensure we achieve our goal, you will join us in embracing our core values;
- Be a player, not a spectator; You will take ownership and make things happen.
- Think we, not me; We are One Travelport, collaborating to succeed.
- Keep it simple; We’re straightforward and easy to do business with.
- Build for tomorrow; You will challenge the norm, aim high and lead change.
You’ll be an innovator, passionate, accountable and solutions focused, not to mention adaptable, eager for a challenge and an individual who grows with partnering.
What we’re looking for in you;
You’re commercial, personable with strong delivery skills combining the ability to offer vision as well as practical application to a situation. Your engaging communication style mean you’re able to create high impact, earn respect, and build strong relationships and influence across various levels in the organization
What are your key skills?
- Strong analytical thinking and clear communications skills to present content to various audiences – sales, technical and support staff internally and across the customer base
- Highly numerate and commercially aware. Solid understanding of business finance including EBITDA objectives
- Equally adept at high level strategy and dealing with local issues to contribute to the overall commercial development of the business, both strategically and structurally.
- Experience in a consulting firm, current designation would ideally be Senior Consultant, Case Team Leader or Junior Engagement Manager/Project Leader
- Experience measuring and analysing advertising media campaigns will be a distinct advantage. Knowledge of travel industry helpful.
Other key skills
- Ability to innovate, think strategically and develop business strategies Exceptional organizational and analytical skills.
- Attention to detail and a passion for delivering accurate, timely and high- integrity data, information and plans
- A mindset which strikes a balance between short-term financial goals and long-term financial and commercial objectives.
If this sounds like you, we’d love for you to get in touch.
What’s in it for you?
You will receive a competitive salary & benefits package accompanied with the opportunity to work in a fast paced, dynamic and progressive organisation that cares about its people and promotes innovation.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.