Auto req ID: 7179BR
Kategorie: Sales & Business Development
Employee type: Regular - Full Time
Travelport is the only true travel commerce platform in the world. We are specialist solution providers and are committed to building leading technology that makes the experience of buying and managing travel continually better for the global travel and tourism industry. Come and be part of our mission to make sure that every trip is powered by Travelport…
Role & Team
You will come on board at a truly exciting time, and as a member of the Commercial team, you will play a pivotal and crucial part in developing and executing a regional sales & strategic plan within the overall US Agency Commerce sales & business plan and strategy. The other prime responsibility of the role is to build and maintain excellent business relationships with the accounts in your portfolio that are mid to senior level with other influencers of the account region. It is important to be able to map out these partnerships and champion them.
The Account Director will be an experienced sales leader and should set a shining example of how to strategically balance a small number of very relevant customers. They will have excellent relationships with their customers and be regarded as almost an outsourced member of the customer’s leadership team. The Account Director should be capable of driving the customer’s strategic imperatives as well as simply leading the day-to-day…in fact they should be spending 2/3 of their time ‘building the future’ for their customers, and 1/3 ‘balancing the present’. They must combine charisma and presence with strong organizational skills, and the ability to strategize, build, and deliver a credible business plan for their customers
We are seeking an industry expert- capable of demonstrating effective consultation and add true value to a customer’s business. They should be a subject matter expert on key industry topics able to contribute to conversations at Customer Advisory Boards and similar events.
- Build out a robust regional strategy for the customer portfolio taking the lead on the positioning of all regional opportunities and issues.
- Ensure that the regional strategy is fully aligned with the US and Americas strategy for the customer portfolio
- Effectively communicate customer requirements and priorities within the Americas, Product, Technology, Legal and Financial teams.
- Own the negotiation of each regional contract in alignment with the agreed Global strategy for each customer portfolio.
Work with both Finance and Legal to achieve these goals:
- Make recommendations as to the appropriate structure of any commercial agreement for the region ensuring these are aligned to the Global customer strategy.
- Undertake the required financial modeling relevant to any regional contract negotiation.
- Identify any key regional supplier issues or changes to supplier agreements which may impact a regional or global customer agreement. And drive the strategy which will resolve these issues and lead the discussion with the customer to negotiate a solution.
- Responsible for providing regional input into the annual planning and budgetary process.
- Effectively handles the Individual Account Sales function through effective execution of the sales & growth plan ensuring regional segment & contribution target is met.
- Responsible for retaining existing business in the portfolio and ensuring the financial performance of the portfolio is in line with contractual expectation.
- Provide accurate revenue and cost forecasting, along with ensuring any required accruals are identified with both the Commercial Director and finance teams.
- Responsible for using incremental business from this customer portfolio by recognizing new opportunities, qualifying each opportunity, making recommendations and acting upon them.
- Works with the various customer support teams in order to drive “Corporate” initiatives.
- Works closely with their Corporate Strategic Development partner” and with the Commercial Solutions and Consultancy Team to ensure best result for Travelport GDS.
- Help build when applicable a Corporate pipeline which is aligned with the Customer’s growth and expansion plans.
- Works with Finance and when appropriate with corporate partner to prepare corporate business case (template available within ECG) for approval by US VP and GM of Sales.
- Defines the requirements for the account management and support of these customers.
- Defines activity plan by customer aligned with their strategy and technical needs.
- Works in collaboration with counterparts in other regions in order to ensure alignment in customer approach.
- Identifies customer projects and growth opportunities where collaboration with Commercial Operations and Commercial Solutions and Consultancy is needed
- Prepares regional business reviews for the US VP and GM of Sales and either leads or participates in customer review as appropriate.
- Maintain CRM in line with US and Think 25 Priorities ensuring all data updated at least monthly.
- Maintain visibility of product and technology initiatives and incorporate into the account’s growth plan as appropriate and/or escalate where initiative might impact.
Assists US VP and GM of Sales with:
✓ Managing account profitability through segment retention, cost of sale and FA.
✓ Works with Finance to ensure accurate segment forecast, FA payments, market share percentages, billing for customer/region.
✓ Defining the strategic 5-year plan for the account.
✓ Coordinating and implementing technical reviews at least every 8 months with the account.
✓ Implementing the Technical Sprints with the account.
✓ Driving the strategic yearly meeting with the account.
Knowledge, Skills, Experience, Training, Education:
- Minimum of 12 years account management experience either in a sales or support environment, with at least 5 years in strategic account management.
- Ability to assess and analyze situations accurately, grasping complexities, identifying key issues and applying good judgement.
- Must possess an overriding desire to understand, agree and meet customer needs whilst ensuring customer contractual obligations are met.
- Strong interpersonal skills, possessing a high degree of self-motivation, confidence and assertiveness.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills: written, verbal, and presentation.
- Excellent influencing skills.
- Ability to respond quickly to rapidly changing environments.
- Must have sound business and financial acumen.
- Sound understanding of Travelport product and content solutions, functionality and services essential.
- Ability to adapt approach across a matrixed organization.
- Travelling, including overnight stays will be an integral part of the role.
What’s in it for you...
You will receive a competitive salary & benefits package accompanied by the opportunity to work in a fast-paced, dynamic and forward-thinking organization that cares about its people and promotes innovation.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.