Auto req ID: 7219BR
Employee type: Intern - Full Time
Are you looking to gain valuable professional work experience in a global corporate environment? Travelport (voted as the 39th best medium-sized employer by Rate My Placement) is offering ambitious students like you the opportunity to undertake meaningful, rewarding and fun 13-month placements as part of your degree. Our inspiring culture, dynamic environment and great people will enable you to develop both personally and professionally.
At Travelport our interns always tell us how pleasantly surprised they are by the level of exposure and early responsibility they get. As an intern your team will rely upon you to apply your skills and offer solutions to projects that matter. You will be a fully-fledged team member right from the beginning.
Corporate Social Responsibility including involvement in sustainability initiatives will also play a fundamental part of your internship.
Last year’s interns raised an astonishing £13,000 for their chosen charities. Their fundraising activities included a Bake Sale, Tough Mudder, and a charity auction!
“I have been given an insight into all the areas within HR here at Travelport, and I now have a better idea of what I want to do when I come to pursue a career. The team were very welcoming, and I feel like I have become a fully-fledged member of HR now. I have had the opportunity to do real work that contributes to the business and have had the chance to interact with lots of different people from all over the world.” – Human Resources Intern
What might your role involve?
- Playing a vital role in every stage of the recruitment process for the next intake of interns, including advertising, conducting telephone interviews and organising and facilitating assessment centres.
- Management of the offers, contract management and induction of the new interns.
- Producing new material for the Intern page of Travelport’s Careers website
- Creating and updating the content of the HR pages on the intranet
- Managing the Travelport LinkedIn Careers pages, including posting engaging updates to increase our number of followers
- Acting as a support for the Learning and Development team, getting involved in a variety of projects
- Welcoming the new starters at the Langley office by organising and running the HR induction including the payroll process
- Benchmarking new roles to determine salary levels for new employees
- Managing the payment of contractors, including creating purchase orders, invoices and accruals
- Using our internal HR systems; including the management of employee data and acting as a system administrator for the Applicant Tracking System and adding new hires to the HR database.
- Interacting with Travelport colleagues worldwide on a regular basis on ad hoc project work
What is Travelport looking for?
Human Resources interns must:
- Be working towards a 2:1 or above in a relevant degree
- Be able to work independently and accurately
- Be proactive and self-starting
- Be able to work effectively with colleagues within a matrix team structure
- Be well organised, with the ability to multi-task
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Have an enthusiastic and driven approach, with an interest in HR
- Be able to work in a flexible and highly deadline orientated environment
- Whilst not mandatory, having an understanding of general HR principles and practice is of benefit.
- Free on-site secure parking
- Free shuttle bus from/to Slough Train station and Hatton Cross Tube station
- Subsidised restaurant on-site
- Discounted gym memberships and employee pricing for top brands are available
- Free health and travel insurance on offer
- Subsidised social events on offer
Applications close on 1st December 2019.
For any queries please email firstname.lastname@example.org