Auto req ID: 7109BR
Employee type: Regular - Full Time
Travelport are the only true travel commerce platform in the world. We are specialist solution providers and are committed to building leading technology that makes the experience of buying and managing travel continually better for the global travel and tourism industry. Come and be part of our mission to make sure that every trip is powered by Travelport…
Role & Team
Product Designers blends both UX and UI skills. The Product Designer works as part of a team of designers under a design manager to facilitate product design. This ranges from idea generation through to the product delivery. They work with a wide variety of internal stakeholders. This role will be based in our Dublin office in Ireland, but the candidate will be also be required to work with teams located in other countries.
This Product Designer position will involve…
- Working as part of a design team designing world-class apps for some of the biggest and best airlines and travel companies out there – from workshop concept to finished product.
- Crafting and specifying the user interface to production quality
- Presenting work and communicating design solution to internal and external stakeholders – fluent written and spoken English required.
- Co-ordination of design activity with the team – your manager, your teammates, the scrum team, product management, etc.
- Iterating design - developing design solutions from requirements, incorporating feedback from customers, applying findings from analytics and user research.
- Proven ability to work in an agile environment.
Come and join us…
To ensure we achieve our goal, you will join us in embracing our core values;
- Be a player, not a spectator; You will take ownership and make things happen.
- Think we, not me; We are One Travelport, collaborating to succeed.
- Keep it simple; We’re straightforward and easy to do business with.
- Build for tomorrow; You will challenge the norm, aim high and lead change.
You’ll be an innovator, passionate, accountable and solutions focused, not to mention adaptable, hungry for a challenge and an individual who thrives on partnering. All of these combined with the below capabilities are what will make us such an ambitious and compelling organisation.
- 3-5 years’ Product Design experience, with a strong focus on UI
- Enjoys teamwork and collaboration with designers and non-designers and proactively and effectively involve stakeholders in the design process using appropriate tools and methods.
- Excellent understanding of interface design as it relates to mobile and interaction design principles as it relates to human-computer interaction within the context of mobile or web. While new technologies like AR and voice are potentially relevant in future, that’s not the job (yet).
- Mastered at least one of the following contemporary design packages - Sketch, Figma, Framer or Adobe XD. We do not use Adobe Photoshop for interface design.
- Ability to build prototypes quickly (with or without conditional logic depending on necessity) to communicate how your design works and to test with customers.
- Communicating your design effectively at different stages of the design process using sketches and prototypes.
- Deep understanding of the principles of User Centered Design process and Universal Design (Accessibility).
- Able to perform simple research and have some experience of basic research methods – hall testing, guerilla testing or remote usability testing using tools like usertesting.com.
- Able to synthesize insights from research into design solutions.
- Demonstrable Product Design skills. We will require a portfolio of digital design work, ideally with strength in mobile UI design evident. We also set an exercise for all candidates
- Bachelors/Master’s degree in a design related discipline, or evidence of a career working in a relevant UI/UX field
- Knowledge of the travel industry would be an advantage but not required.
If this sounds like you, we’d love for you to get in touch.
What’s in it for you...
You will receive a competitive salary & benefits package accompanied by the opportunity to work in a fast-paced, dynamic and progressive organisation that cares about its people and promotes innovation.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.