Auto req ID: 6832BR
Employee type: Regular - Full Time
Travelport are the only true travel commerce platform in the world. We are specialist solution providers and are committed to building leading technology that makes the experience of buying and managing travel continually better for the global travel and tourism industry. Come and be part of our mission to make sure that every trip is powered by Travelport….
Role & Team
The Product Manager is responsible for the Product strategy and vision and will actively manage the prioritization of the Product roadmap for their Product, collaborating and working with the respective product stakeholders to support the Business Strategy, detailing the target Return on Investment (RoI) using tools such as Profit & Loss and Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) for the product(s).
The Product Manager will usually have responsibility for a complex, technical product; or 2 similar products, with up to 4 Agile teams working on the product
- Tracking and reporting on status and metrics
- Accountable for executing the product roadmap, facilitating collaboration with internal stakeholders to deliver the product plans and help drive the anticipated value agreed as part of the planning process.
- Will work closely with the Product Owners to ensure new work is brought into the backlog and prioritized appropriately
- Accountable for managing industry mandates and for executing on the delivery of these
- Responsible for researching and staying up to date with market, design thinking, technology and competitor trends through the appropriate use of tools, resources and stakeholders to qualify new product pipeline opportunities, which will help realize the Product Family Strategy, KPIs and KRs.
- The Product Manager has content authority for the Program Backlog and is accountable for accepting features as done.
- Responsible for ensuring customers, functional, and market experts are integrated into the Product Management, delivery and architecture teams by agreeing resource requirements with wider product stakeholders.
- 3-5 years experience as a product manager in an Agile development process defining product roadmaps and writing user stories.
- Demonstrable ability to translate business needs into requirements and define those in a written format that allows the engineering teams to align behind the product vision.
- Experience in running feature discovery workshops and gathering customer, competitor & market insights in order to define new potential features for your product
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Have a strong design ethic, be able to think deeply about product design decisions and have an understanding of how to create simple user interfaces.
- Be a clear communicator of product decisions and the rationale behind them. Be comfortable in making decisions without consensus. You can help others make decisions by being persuasive, using data to back up your decision.
- You’re entrepreneurial and curious by nature - you don’t need direction, you're self-driven to develop the best customer experience for your product
Regular Social events are regularly held at a team level where product teams work together to achieve extraordinary things. Our vibrant Sports & Social group also organize company-wide social events.If this sounds like you, we’d love for you to get in touch.
What’s in it for you?
You will receive a competitive salary & benefits package accompanied with the opportunity to work in a fast-paced, dynamic and progressive organisation that cares about its people and promotes innovation.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.