Auto req ID: 7071BR
Employee type: Regular - Full Time
Are you looking to develop within a state of the art Product role?
Are you passionate about Product Management?
You will come on board at a truly exciting time within the Agency Point of Sale team. Our Points of Sale are in use by tens of thousands of travel agencies and hundreds of thousands of travel agents around the world. As a Product Manager on the team you'll work with other PM's, Product Owners, the Product Director, and our Delivery and Commercial partners to define and launch new products and capabilities.
- The global Product function at Travelport is based on Agile teams and is aligned to the Scaled Agile framework (SAFe).
- You will have content authority for the Program Backlog.
- You're responsible for identifying customer needs, prioritizing features, guiding the work through Lean product management and developing and executing the product vision and product roadmap.
- Accountable for tracking and reporting on status and metrics; forecasting and monitoring the product TCO and product development/management activities against the agreed plan, managing and reporting potential overruns and the performance against the agreed important metrics, KR and the proposed return on investment.
- Responsible for working in concert with the Product Marketing team on market sensing, defining the target customer, what problems they have and the needs the product will address, developing understanding of how the product measures up to competition, and what makes it unusual.
- Accountable for executing the product roadmap, facilitating collaboration with internal partners to deliver the product plans and help drive the anticipated value agreed as part of the planning process.
- Accountable for synchronizing with the Product Owners to ensure new work is brought into the backlog and prioritized appropriately
- Responsible for collaborating with customers to develop a keen understanding of their customers' market and their business processes; will communicate the product roadmap and actively pursue feedback using the appropriate artifacts.
- Accountable for managing industry mandates and for executing on the delivery of these.
- Responsible for coordinating and leading the governance of the activities associated with the Product. Enabling a review of the interdependencies between products and scrutinizing performance and delivery against the plan.
- Responsible for researching and staying up to date with market, design thinking, technology and competitor trends through the appropriate use of tools, resources and partners to qualify new product pipeline opportunities, which will help realize the Product Family Strategy, critical metrics and KRs. Accountable for using tools and frameworks to make data driven decisions to test out hypotheses.
- Responsible for ensuring customers, functional, and market experts are integrated into the Product Management, delivery and architecture teams by agreeing resource requirements with wider product partners.
What we're looking for in you:
- A professional certification, such as SAFe PO/PM, SAFe for Teams preferred.
- Communication: ability to convincingly express the connections between larger business goals and feature backlog items for alignment with Product strategy
- Communicate effectively on the purpose and vision of the product roadmap to the wider delivery team and their role in delivering or contributing to the business outcomes
- Influencing skills: capacity to seek consensus and agreement across multiple partners, bringing diverse opinions together
- Expertise in usage of relevant tools for Product Management Requirements, such as Jira or Aha!
- Adept at using data for analysis and to drive decisions
- Deep understanding of tech trends and travel industry
If this sounds like you, we’d love for you to get in touch.
What’s in it for you?
You will receive a competitive salary & benefits package accompanied with the opportunity to work in a fast-paced, dynamic and progressive organisation that cares about its people and promotes innovation.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.