Auto req ID: 6947BR
Employee type: Regular - Full Time
Travelport is the only true travel commerce platform in the world. We are specialist solution providers and are committed to building leading technology that makes the experience of buying and managing travel continually better for the global travel and tourism industry. Come and be part of our mission to make sure that every trip is powered by Travelport…
Are you looking for a role where you can get plugged in and prosper in a dynamic environment? Do you feel passionate about providing multiple executive support? If so, then we could be the place for you.
As a QlikView Developer, you can thrive in the exciting world of Travel Tech.
This is a QlikView development role, ensuring the analytics requirements of the Travelport business can be translated in a timely manner into necessary statistical analysis and customer-facing reporting. This position will be responsible for delivering a range of analyses to measure performance of all Travelport products sold by Travelport and the development of a range of compelling and meaningful customer-facing dashboards. Additionally, there will be further responsibilities to train and mentor a range of users within the business teams globally.
A successful candidate will demonstrate their confidence with all aspects of delivering an excellent QlikView experience to a large set of users. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to help shape how Travelport uses the capabilities of Qlik.
- Define, design, develop and maintain QlikView applications – end-to-end QlikView project delivery following required standards
- Applies advanced knowledge of design and development principals and concepts to design key component(s) for multiple products
- Understands impact on adjacent systems and long-term impact of technical decisions
- Ensures high quality design and code is delivered that meets specifications
- Create and maintain technical documentation for QlikView applications
- Provide ongoing QlikView application support and maintenance
- Generates and communicates ideas to improve overall system design and/or streamline delivery of product/system
- Champions needs of customer community and enhancing user experience
- Coaches/mentor other team members and partners in application of platform, application and/or global architectural standards
Knowledge, Skills, Experience, Training, Education
- Bachelor’s degree in business, engineering, IT, math, statistics, computer science or related degree and/or equivalent work experience
- Minimum 2 years of experience in BI related technologies and tools
- Minimum 2 years of experience designing, building, deploying, and supporting QlikView applications
- Proficient with developing complex QlikView functions and optimal script development
- Proficient in BI design & data visualization best practices
- Experience in data modeling, scripting, and reporting
- SQL database experience
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Software Development Life Cycle experience, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and deployment
- QlikView administration
- QlikSense development
- XML Data handling
- Experience training designers and users, of all abilities, to design and consume QlikView reporting
- Knowledge of travel industry helpful
- Excellent analytical, planning, organizational and solutions-oriented skills
- Must be self-motivated and possess strong initiative
- Extensive computer knowledge including spreadsheet and database programs, financial systems, word processing and presentation programs
- Active contributor to the wider Qlik community
- Comfortable interacting with all levels of management Self-learner who actively seeks to learn new skills and knowledge
- Flexibility to handle a variety of requests across organizations
What’s in it for you?
You will receive a competitive salary & benefits package accompanied with the opportunity to work in a fast-paced, dynamic and progressive organization that cares about its people and promotes innovation.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.