Auto req ID: 6603BR
Employee type: Regular - Full Time
Travelport is the only true travel commerce platform in the world. We are specialist solution providers and are committed to building leading technology that makes the experience of buying and managing travel continually better for the global travel and tourism industry. Come and be part of our mission to make sure that every trip is powered by Travelport…
Are you looking for a role where you can get plugged in and prosper in a varied environment? Do you feel passionate about providing multiple executive support? If so, then we could be the place for you.
As an Architect at Travelport, you can thrive in the exciting world of Travel Tech.
Travelport has adopted the Scaled Agile Framework methodology to drive effective delivery across value streams aligned to integrated planning strategic themes and budget funding. Travelport Product is organised around the ‘Pillars’ of Choice, Performance, Experience and Intelligence each of which encompass a number of technology areas. Technology has identified a number of agile release trains (ARTs) under each pillar to co-ordinate the technology deliverables required to support business objectives.
The purpose of this role is to ensure all of the Architecture deliverables required are comprehensively delivered to meet the specific business objectives in alignment with the wider enterprise strategy. The role operates within the SAFe framework partnering closely with senior counterparts from product and delivery to ensure that all the architectural accountabilities for in scope agile release trains deliver value through pragmatic outcomes whilst maintaining security, operability, cost and simplification objectives.
Job profile components
- As the primary architectural liaison, must ensure total alignment with product and delivery for assigned ART/s within a product portfolio that will have many technologies (both in terms of platforms and software) complexities and inter-dependencies impacting multiple business units and additionally customer segments.
- Support conventional (non ART) architecture projects for the portfolio as required.
- For any agreed scope of work, accountable for the development of the solution design in close consultation with stakeholders and experts to an agreed set of business requirements. The solution design document should be signed off by relevant stakeholders.
- It is critical that if the requirements are not clear then the generation of a business area definition is required that defines what is agreed, what are the gaps and who is accountable for resolving them to the extent required to support solution design. The business area definition should be documented for formal sign off by the relevant stakeholders.
- Alignment with Lean Portfolio Management principles to establish, maintain and govern business cases and processes that facilitate the delivery of consistently high-quality results meeting Travelport business needs.
- Partners with cross functional leaders as well as onshore/offshore resources to deliver and meet company goals.
- Liaises effectively at a senior level with business, product and technical teams to analyse and evaluate technical, vendor, and resource requirements to drive successful architecture outcomes.
- Maintains awareness of emerging technologies, industry trends, and drives architecture best practices
- Ensure the SAFe solution architectural deliverables are aligned and co-ordinated between the agile release trains
- All architectural activities in support of Agile Release Train impacting the organisations strategic, delivery and operational capabilities.
- Holistic knowledge and expertise of the applications, products, business operating models and capabilities including a comprehensive knowledge of the commercial and industry environment
- Expertise in Architectural methodologies for a pillar addressing business and technology concerns.
- Interacts, manage and influence stakeholders.
- Represents company to external customers independently or may partner with stakeholders to present / provide consultancy services.
- Compares and contrasts alternative architectures and is able to provide evidence for a fact-based decision on the best direction taking account of the strategy / roadmaps and financials/budget.
- Proactively keeps up to date with external trends and technology developments in area of expertise.
- 5+ years meaningful experience
- Experience of a recognised architecture framework e.g. TOGAF
- Able to demonstrate examples of successfully driving a portfolio of cross functional/business programs/projects within budget.
- Ability of applying architecture methodology enabling comprehensive business outcomes
Skills / Education
- Excellent Stakeholder management
- Excellent communications
- Ability to create professional Business and Design documentation, including a full range of Architecture framework artefacts
- Knowledge and experience of budgeting processes & program management
- 3 or 4 year degree or equivalent desirable (major course of study is role dependent)
- SAFe certified or equivalent experience
- TOGAF certified preferred
What’s in it for you?
You will receive a competitive salary & benefits package accompanied with the opportunity to work in a fast-paced, dynamic and progressive organisation that cares about its people and promotes innovation.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.