Auto req ID: 7209BR
Employee type: Regular - Full Time
Travelport are the only true travel commerce platform in the world. We are specialist solution providers and are committed to building leading technology that makes the experience of buying and managing travel continually better for the global travel and tourism industry. Come and be part of our mission to make sure that every trip is powered by Travelport…
Role & Team
You will come on board at a truly exciting time, and as a member of the Big Data Team, you will play a pivotal and crucial part in finding unrivaled and creative ways to use the massive amount of data that we generate.
Travelport’s Big Data Engineers are tasked with designing and implementing big data solutions with terabytes and petabytes daily transaction volume. Travelport employees enjoy a collaborative environment and have many opportunities to learn from and share knowledge with other Travelport developers, architects, and business architects.
- Lead, design, develop, document, and test big data solutions.
- Install and integrate various technologies in the big data echo system
- Configure and troubleshoot issues in big data framework
- Aid in the implementation of and implementing analytical models
- Deliver solutions for using an Agile Development model
- Create quality deliverables to communicate technical solutions to appropriate audiences.
- Understand issues, problem solving and design/architect solutions
- Build and collaborate with business and technical teams to deliver software
- Learn continuously, leveraging training resources and self-directed training, sharing knowledge and skills with others.
- Provide mentoring and leadership to more junior resources.
- Passion for technology and willingness to learn is required
- Have ability to work in a fast paced and dynamic work environment and be able to produce efficient and robust solution
- High energy, confidence, and agility to drive a team
- Candid and direct communication
- A creative thinker who can bring in new ideas and innovations to the company.
- Bachelors/Master/PHD in computer science, engineering, information technology, or related degree and/or equivalent work experience
- 4+ years of Java development experience in large scale enterprise development for Undergraduates
- 2+ years of Java development experience in large scale enterprise development for Masters or PHD
- Knowledge of multiple threading development and performance tuning
- Knowledge of implementing efficient logic using collections and data structures
- Knowledge of one or more Big Data Technologies like Elastic Search, Spark, Kafka, Map-Reduce, HDFS and Hive
- Knowledge in Design Patterns, OOP/OOD, Software Architecture
- Knowledge of how to assess the performance of data solutions, how to diagnose performance problems, and tools used to monitor and tune performance.
- Excellent communication skills with both Technical and Business audience
- Strong programming skills in standard programming and/or algorithms
- 1+ years of Scala or Python programming
- 1+ years of development experience in the field of big data on Large Scale environment (e.g. Hadoop, MongoDB, Couch Base, Cassandra)
- 1+ years of Spark Based Technologies (e.g. Spark Dataframes, Spark Streaming and Spark SQL)
- Knowledge of Big Data querying tools (e.g. Spark, Pig, Hive, and Impala)
- Aid in the modeling and implementation of machine learning and deep learning solutions
- Real time analytics using stream processing frameworks such like Spark / Storm
- Experience in the following: C, C++, Perl, or PHP
- Knowledge of designing and developing reusable components
If this sounds like you, we’d love for you to get in touch.
What’s in it for you...
You will receive a competitive salary & benefits package accompanied by the opportunity to work in a fast-paced, dynamic and progressive organisation that cares about its people and promotes innovation.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.