Auto req ID: 7039BR
Employee type: Regular - Full Time
Travelport is the only true travel commerce platform in the world. We are specialist solution providers and are committed to building leading technology that makes the experience of buying and managing travel continually better for the global travel and tourism industry. Come and be part of our mission to make sure that every trip is powered by Travelport…
Are you looking for a role where you can get plugged in and prosper in a dynamic environment? Do you feel passionate about Cloud Infrastructure? If so, then we could be the place for you.
As a Senior Systems Administrator I, you can thrive in the exciting world of Travel Tech.
We are seeking a Senior System Administrator I to support the Travelport private and hybrid Cloud solutions in addition to the legacy distributed and network Infrastructure
- Maintenance and support of key applications including operating system, security, performance, client software, supporting systems, security and applications.
- Maintenance and support of critical infrastructure and software including operating systems, system utilities, imaging, authentication, authorization, intrusion detection, communication protocols, databases, web servers, collaboration tools, proxies, and virtual systems.
- Expected to take immediate action on systems problems to prevent or resolve an impact with little or no supervision.
- Perform advanced troubleshooting and analysis to figure out ways to improve a system's reliability, scalability, availability and performance.
- Participates in the 24 x 7 on-call rotation in support of the Production infrastructure and systems.
- Maintenance and support of software to perform system utilities, automation, monitoring and reporting.
- Act as the Production Assurance technical lead directing troubleshooting and recovery actions during crisis calls.
- Creates support documentation and procedures
- Mentors and trains junior team members.
- Work in a collaborative team environment sharing knowledge and helping to improve technical skills of the team.
- Expert in Linux or Windows operating system.
- Cloud specialized tool experience.
- A solid understanding of Network Fundamentals.
- Profound understanding of data center hardware and software technologies including network, storage, security, servers, mainframes.
- Proficient in troubleshooting network, server and application problems.
- 7+ years of experience.
- 5+ years of related experience in the Linux or Windows / VMware systems administration field
- Highly technical individual possessing expertise and experience working across multiple components.
- Broad experience with virtualized, data center environments
- Experience troubleshooting network and application related issues through various firewalls, routers, load balancers, switches, hybrid cloud solutions.
- Experience with Chef, Puppet, Ansible or other similar configuration management tools
- Familiar with Gitlab and Jenkins for Continuous Integration (CI) and for End-to-End automation for builds and Continuous Deployment (CD).
- Familiar with NoSQL technologies such as Cassandra, MongoDB, etc.
- Understanding of microservices, 12 factor applications, Docker container deployments, Docker container management, OpenShift.
- Understanding of ITIL
- Experience using application performance tools such as Application Dynamics (AppD), Splunk, NetScout.
- Experience leading projects or small teams
- 4-year degree in Computer Science, Mathematics or combination of experience and education
- One or more Industry recognized certifications such as CCNA, Red Hat, MCP, MTA, etc.
- Packet analysis ability using packet capture tools such as Wireshark, NetScout, etc. is a plus
- Advanced problem solving and analytical skills
- Superb communication skills including oral and technical writing
- Effective interpersonal and organizational skills, including a strong customer service orientation
- ITIL and/or SAFe training is a plus
Come and join us…
To ensure we achieve our goal, you will join us in embracing our core values:
- Be a player, not a spectator. You will take ownership and make things happen.
- Think we, not me. We are One Travelport, collaborating to succeed.
- Keep it simple. We’re straightforward and easy to do business with.
- Build for tomorrow. You will challenge the norm, aim high and lead change.
What’s in it for you?
You will receive a competitive salary & benefits package accompanied with the opportunity to work in a fast-paced, dynamic and progressive organization that cares about its people and promotes innovation.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.