Auto req ID: 7221BR
Kategorie: Business Strategy
Employee type: Intern - Full Time
Are you looking to gain valuable professional work experience in a global corporate environment? Travelport (voted as the 39th best medium-sized employer by Rate My Placement) is offering ambitious students like you the opportunity to undertake meaningful, rewarding and fun 13-month placements as part of your degree. Our inspiring culture, dynamic environment and great people will enable you to develop both personally and professionally.
At Travelport our interns always tell us how pleasantly surprised they are by the level of exposure and early responsibility they get. As an intern your team will rely upon you to apply your skills and offer solutions to projects that matter. You will be a fully-fledged team member right from the beginning.
Corporate Social Responsibility including involvement in sustainability initiatives will also play a fundamental part of your internship.
Last year’s interns raised an astonishing £13,000 for their chosen charities. Their fundraising activities included a Bake Sale, Tough Mudder, and a charity auction!
“I was thrilled to receive great exposure to the most senior of colleagues and I feel I made the most out of the opportunities that came my way during my placement year.”
What might your role involve?
- Gather data, analyse the findings, make presentations, and work with stakeholders to implement recommendations.
- Take ownership and responsibility for assigned work streams related to the development, design and implementation of business strategies, functional capabilities and enhanced business performance.
- Demonstrate strategic ability to develop and execute new plans that will drive growth with the ability to challenge the status quo and find new and innovative go to market strategies.
- Analyze statistical and market data, perform analysis and develop clear insights that can implemented to improve the strategic direction of the firm.
- Create detailed analysis of competitors, market and customer requirements, customer satisfaction levels, and segmentation and market trends.
What is Travelport looking for?
- Minimum 2:1 expected in a quantitative discipline
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Keen interest in data and analytics
- A common-sense approach
- Solid computer skills, particularly with MS PowerPoint and Excel (V-lookups, pivot tables, graphs, etc.)
- A passion for strategy and a desire to pursue a career at a top-tier strategy consultancy or corporate strategy/finance department.
What’s in it for you?
- Competitive salary and benefits package
- The opportunity to work at the global Headquarters of a $2bn travel technology company
- The opportunity to work in a fast-paced, dynamic and progressive organisation that cares about its people and promotes innovation
- Free on-site secure parking
- Free shuttle bus from/to Slough Train station and Hatton Cross Tube station
- Subsidised restaurant on-site
- Discounted gym memberships and employee pricing for top brands
- Free health and travel insurance
- Subsidised social events
How to Apply:
If you think the above sounds like you, we’d love for you to get in touch.
All applications are via our website.
If you have any questions or queries, please email firstname.lastname@example.org