Travelport’s Dublin operation is developing a technology platform that can coordinate and simplify the entire travel ecosystem. Travelers from our airline and travel agency customers (EasyJet, Etihad, BCD etc.) experience personalized and contextualized content through our front-end channels across mobile, web and chat.
Our apps have over 40 million downloads and have been ranked no. 1 in the App Store on more than 100 occasions. Added to that, our team has received over 39 awards for the work we've done.
The internship program
Travelport’s Dublin-based internship program started in 2015 and runs from January to July every year.
Our Dublin interns work and learn alongside a team of experienced Developers, Testers and Designers, assisting in the end-to-end delivery of Travelport’s next generation of travel solutions.
As part of the interns team, you'll operate as an integral part of the Engineering delivery teams on product solutions or custom project deliveries directly to customers. Our highly successful internship program has seen a high number of ex-interns returning to us as graduates. Returning grads have started as Associated iOS, Android and Server Developers with some having already progressed to Team Leads.
What will I be doing?
- You will have an opportunity to experience different development roles and disciplines across the company, including core development, quality, automated testing, dev-ops and cloud-based service deployment
- You will have exposure to a whole host of technologies, including:
- Server | Java, Groovy, Spring Boot, Mongo, Ansible, GraphQL, Serverless, Terraform, Kubernettes
- Mobile | iOS, Android, Java, Objective-C, Swift, Kotlin, React Native
- Testing | Cucumber, Appium, Selenium, Java, Groovy, TestNG, Rest Assured
- You will be part of a scrum team and learn about delivering through Agile processes
- You will be mentored by experienced developers
Required skills and experience
- Proven aptitude for software development
- Studying towards a relevant degree at a 3rd level college or university
- Strong communication skills
- A desire to pursue a career in software development
- A willingness to delve into new technologies and processes
Desirable skills and traits
- Interest in all aspects of application delivery
- Inquisitive nature - not afraid to ask questions
- Self-starter - picking up new technologies and getting involved in clubs and societies
What can we offer you?
- Support throughout the internship, which includes any necessary technical or product training where required. You will also be assigned a dedicated senior developer as a mentor
- The little things (such as secure bike parking with shower facilities, free coffee and fruit, active sports and social club etc.)
- Ultra-modern centrally based offices with games consoles, break out areas and quiet spaces
- The opportunity to be part of a passionate team creating industry leading software
- Regular social events - BBQs, treasure hunts, game/movie nights, weekly 5 a side soccer
- Lunch time learning sessions from other members of the Travelport team on our technology stack and industry innovation
- Collaboration with our UK and US interns
For any queries in relation to the Dublin internship program, please contact Sonya.Creagh@travelport.com, Talent Acquisition Manager.