Auto req ID: 7303BR
Employee type: Intern - Full Time
This is a talent pipeline requisition for college/university students only. There may or may not be any open positions at this time. If one opens and there is a match, we will be sure to reach out.
Please be sure your resume includes the following information: university/college, degree type, major, GPA, anticipated graduation month & year, and any previous internship experience.
Travelport is the only true travel commerce platform in the world. We are specialist solution providers and are committed to building leading technology that makes the experience of buying and managing travel continually better for the global travel and tourism industry. Come and be part of our mission to make sure that every trip is powered by Travelport…
Are you looking to gain experience, work on real-world projects, and connect with other highly-intelligent fun people in the technology industry? Do you feel passionate about learning a lot and making an impact? If so, then we could be the place for you.
As a Summer 2020 Intern at Travelport, you can thrive in the exciting world of Travel Tech.
Role & Team
You will come on board at a truly exciting time, and as a member of one of our many teams, you will play a pivotal and crucial part in joining a team that’s responsible for delivering truly innovative software that impacts our many customers and travelers around the world for 12-weeks during the summer.
As an Intern at Travelport, you will help us evolve and advance our industry with a single-minded aim – to create a more connected, more efficient and more profitable world for our customers.
You will have the opportunity to work as a Data Scientist this summer:
As a Summer Intern, you will be asked to:
- Learn one or multiple technological skill sets in Deep Learning, Natural Language Processing/Understanding, Big Data or Clouding.
- Develop and present a creative Deep Learning or Artificial Intelligence model with the skill set you learn.
- Learn how travel industry utilizes AI and Data Science technologies to drive the travelers experience.
Come and join us…
To ensure we achieve our goal, you will join us in embracing our core values:
- Be a player, not a spectator; You will take ownership and make things happen.
- Think we, not me; We are One Travelport, collaborating to succeed.
- Keep it simple; We’re straightforward and easy to do business with.
- Build for tomorrow; You will challenge the norm, aim high, and lead change.
- Actively pursuing a masters or Ph.D. degree in a quantitative discipline.(e.g., mathematics, statistics, operations research, economics, computer science, physics, electrical engineering, industrial engineering) with a graduation date no later than Spring/Summer 2021.
- A student with strong academic performance
- Programming skills in Scala, Java, C++, C, Go, etc.
- Certain understanding in software development and performance tuning
- Experience with data visualization tools, such as Django, GGplot, Highcharts, D3.js, etc.
- Experience with statistical software (e.g., Python, NumPy, Pandas, R) and database languages (e.g., SQL,Hive,NoSQL)
- Including deep expertise and experience with statistical data analysis such as linear models, multivariate analysis, stochastic models, sampling methods
- Applied experience with machine learning and/or deep learning on large datasets
- Experience articulating business questions and using mathematical techniques to arrive at an answer using available data. Experience translating analysis results into business recommendations
- Demonstrated skills in selecting the right statistical tools given a data analysis problem
- Demonstrated effective written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated leadership and self-direction. Demonstrated willingness to both teach others and learn new technique
- Proactive and can-do attitude with a real passion for the advancement of Technology
If this sounds like you, we’d love for you to get in touch.
What’s in it for you?
- Hands-on experience and contribute to real-world Travelport problems.
- Competitive hourly pay during the 12-week summer program.
- 3 days of unpaid time off.
- The opportunity to network with each other and former interns, recent graduates, other employees, and site-specific company leaders through various social and learning/development events.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.