Auto req ID: 7102BR
Employee type: Regular - Full Time
Travelport’s Dublin office is the hub of our mobile, messaging and Digital Ad teams. The Head of Product is responsible for leading a team of 12 reports and 6 scrum teams to create world class solutions to engage and delight travellers. This is a key leadership role within the Dublin office and across the organisation with key focus on leading change in the office to drive viable, scalable and usable products that leverage capabilities across Travelport.
Your role will align with proposition managers around go-to-market propositions and works directly with product marketing to bring clearly articulated customer value propositions to market. Day-to-day you will work and partner extensively with technology to drive a prioritised product backlog (based on data) through product delivery. The backlog will be based on your vision, customer value proposition, market, technological and competitor intelligence, and aligned to key organisational metrics and goals.
The right person will be responsible and accountable for leading our product managers and their teams who deliver end traveller trip experiences through Travelport’s Trip Assist product. Trip Assist allows travellers to view and manage trips/itineraries created by agents. You will also lead product managers focused on our messaging platform Engage which also encompasses our bot/AI/ML initiatives to make agents more effective using automation and to improve the experience of end travellers through relevant content and alerting. Your role also ensures that the omni-channel experience between agent and traveller across our agent tool, Smartpoint, and Trip Assist is frictionless.
Your role also has oversight for Travelport Efficiency Suite which is an automation tool that makes agents and agencies more effective using rules to handle a variety of common agency functions with focus on agent and backend capabilities like ticketing, exception handling, ticket exchanges, etc. Integrating Efficiency Suite with Trip Assist and Engage is a key initiative in creating an agency of the future where low value interactions are handled via automation and robotics leaving travel agents free to focus where they add the most value to their customers.
- Regular Social events are regularly held at a team level where product teams work together to achieve extraordinary things. Our vibrant Sports & Social group also organize company-wide social events.
Come and join us…
To ensure we achieve our goal, you will join us in embracing our core values;
- Be a player, not a spectator; You will take ownership and make things happen.
- Think we, not me; We are One Travelport, collaborating to succeed.
- Keep it simple; We’re straightforward and easy to do business with.
- Build for tomorrow; You will challenge the norm, aim high and lead change.
You’ll be an innovator, passionate, accountable and solutions focused, not to mention adaptable, hungry for a challenge and an individual who thrives on partnering. All of these combined with the below capabilities are what will make us such a bold and compelling organisation.
- Has overall accountability and responsibility for the vision, strategy and execution of the Mobile, and Automation portfolio, ultimately owning the content and prioritization of the product backlog.
- Drives specific KPI’s against downloads, engagement, time-to-market, and attachment rates through Travelport’s demand channels (APIs and UIs)
- Leads a team of Product Managers and Product Owners and is accountable for driving the quality of the entire product lifecycle for each product within the product family; acts as an escalation point and is responsible for managing all dependencies across the product families.
- Responsible for reviewing and aligning a product strategy which will span different geographies and markets by collaborating with business leaders to accurately reflect Business, Commercial, and Technology Strategies within the product strategy.
- Responsible for partnering with technology counterparts to ensure:
- Requirements are clearly defined to provide accurate estimations and investment decisions
- Execution of product roadmaps, delivering great, high-quality products that customers love to use
- Sole responsibility for the product roadmap, including alignment with key stakeholders in commercial and technology, and ongoing management with the steering group based on data-driven prioritization
- Responsible for ensuring customer value propositions exist for the product portfolio, working with other Product Family Managers planning and aligning strategies and delivering on shared roadmaps
- Responsible for mentoring your team to propose new, optimized and amended products that reflect market, customer or supplier trends by promoting collaboration across functional expertise (such as Technology, Sales and Marketing) and driving insight from data to generate value and deliver a positive return on investment
- 10+ years’ experience of directly managing product teams at a large global tech organisation with delivery budgets more than $3m USD; further 5+ years working in product / technology roles.
- Proven track record of delivering great customer experiences and product strategies preferably within a marketplace or eCommerce environment (e.g. Amazon, Booking.com, Facebook, eBay)
- Experience in delivering global product across multiple regions, including an understanding of localization and translation requirements.
- Experience with using data and analytics to drive decisions is essential
- Experience in working with design agencies and/or internal CX and UX design teams
- Knowledge of Travel Distribution and Travel Industry useful but not essential; must have desire to gain this knowledge to be able to develop product strategy to win in this industry
- Undergraduate level qualification essential; Master level qualifications useful.
- Extensive product leadership experience, managing platforms or other digital products
- Commercial, technology & user experience understanding
- Ability to gain customer insight
- Experience working in organisations using Agile and Scaled Agile (SAFe) delivery methods
- Experience in using A/B testing and MVT for product optimization
- Technology understanding, able to work with technology as a partner and with products that have highly transactional / high performance, non-functional requirements
- People leadership skills & stakeholder management skills with ability to build consensus
- Solutions mind-set with significant experience with driving positive outcomes
- In depth knowledge of product management techniques, tools, and principals for planning, delivering & managing product life cycles
- Advanced experience of driving end user testing through both quantitative tests and qualitative interviews and observations.
- Experience of working with customer centric design recommended
What’s in it for you?
You will receive a competitive salary & benefits package accompanied with the opportunity to work in a fast-paced, dynamic and progressive organisation that cares about its people and promotes innovation.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.