- Survey of 23,000 people shows travelers want value over cost but often struggle to find it
- More control and transparency required to satisfy thirst for personalization
- Digital solutions increasingly influencing decision making and travel management
- The agreement is Travelport’s largest hotel partnership in Europe
- Edwardian Hotels London will become Travelport’s first Hotel Research and Development partner
Langley, UK, 4 September 2019: Travelport, a leading travel commerce platform, has signed a long-term agreement with Edwardian Hotels London, one of the UK’s leading luxury hotel and hospitality brands.
Tokyo, 02 September 2019 – Travelport today agreed with Japan Airlines (“JAL”) not to proceed with their proposed joint venture to form a global distribution system combining Travelport Japan K.K. with JAL’s wholly owned subsidiary, Axess International Network Inc. (“Axess”). The announcement of the proposed joint venture between Travelport and JAL was made on 19 March 2019.
Langley, UK, August 20, 2019: Travelport, a leading technology company serving the travel industry announces the development of a blockchain solution to enhance the hotel commission reconciliation process.
- Travelport processes live test GDS bookings of Qantas’ NDC content
- First connections begin new era of distribution in Australia
Sydney, Australia, August 15 2019: As the next step in its continuing support for Qantas’ New Distribution Capability, including the Qantas Distribution Platform (QDP), Travelport, a leading technology company serving the travel industry, has today begun handling its first bookings with Qantas using IATA’s New Distribution Capability (NDC) standard.
A new way to shop: Travelport offers the first phase of Next Generation Storefront (NGS)™ capability with multiple airlines and industry partners
Atlanta, 31 July 2019: Travelport, a leading travel commerce platform, announced today that it is actively working with multiple airlines and partners to offer Next Generation Storefront (NGS) capability. Industry partners working with Travelport to pioneer NGS development are WhereTo, an online booking tool, and Travel Technology & Solutions (TTS), a global leading player in the development of innovative solutions for the travel and tourism industry.
Sydney, Australia,10 July, 2019: Travelport, a leading travel technology company, today announced it has been awarded a new long-term technology contract by Australia and New Zealand’s top online travel agency, Webjet, following an extensive competitive bid process.